What's the most comfortable seat you've found?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM01

Reaction score
These aftermarket seats, I bought new for my 88 about 8 years ago, are helluva lot more comfortable than the bench seat that was in it when I bought the truck back in '02. :biggrin:

I used to get a back ache after driving for a few minutes with it.

What company did you get those from? I got a "factory" bench in my 89 single cab that is no good for the road trips I take, I'd put buckets in but I need middle seat for when I have a couple passengers(not everyone likes riding in the bed, surprisingly)

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What company did you get those from? I got a "factory" bench in my 89 single cab that is no good for the road trips I take, I'd put buckets in but I need middle seat for when I have a couple passengers(not everyone likes riding in the bed, surprisingly)
I can't remember but, the last time I checked a few years ago they're NLA, sorry. IIRC, they only sold used seats then. With shipping it was ~$1000 for them so, they weren't cheap.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hate leather, it's nothing but swamp ass. I'll put in my vote for the Captain's chairs we had in our 1986 G20 conversion van. Or the couch it had in the back.
Have you sat in leather that are also cooled? When I had my 14 1500 it had heated/cooled. I never had a issue with swamp ass in it. Could be 100+ out sweating like a stuck hog and get in it and minutes later no more issues.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you sat in leather that are also cooled? When I had my 14 1500 it had heated/cooled. I never had a issue with swamp ass in it. Could be 100+ out sweating like a stuck hog and get in it and minutes later no more issues.
Yeah, in '05 - 06', a few times I got upgraded with Hertz to a Caddy DTS, loved it!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

I have, and they are magic, but neither the wife's Envoy leather seats nor any GMT400 seats were. The vehiculars they seem to come in are a bit rich for my blood.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The most memorable comfortable seats for me were crown Vic leather seats (panther platform) gmt400 and 800 are second to them.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
My Volvo (P80 platform) seats are pretty nice. They're my first leather seats. I've never really liked leather... natural vinyl??? My issue is that they tend to be cold in the winter. I haven't really had an issue with them being too hot, but MI isn't super hot. We do get a lot of humidity, but probably still not as bad as some other areas. My best reccomendation for them is that other than temp, they never make me think about them.

The seats I didn't like were in my 2004 Malibu. I often felt like my head was being pushed forward, even though the seat wasn't actually touching the back of my head. I think it was the way it curved by back. I'd often get a headache, or if I already had one it would make it worse.

The seats in my Saturn were decent... you sort of sat in them, as opposed to sitting on them. I felt the same way comparing the seats between my 86.5 Supra and my 82 Dodge Charger. In the Supra, on the Charger.

I don't like the modern "cloth" that the manufacturers are using. It is not nice feeling, and it stains easily. My Malibu had it, and at first I liked it. I thought it look great in a no-nonsense sort of way, but quickly found that it stained easily and was just cheap. I like the velour type material my truck has.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On FB I see people swap 2014+ seats into GMT400s often enough. Some people like them, I don’t. I had a 2015 RCLB Duramax with cloth buckets and thought they were the worst comfort wise, but they were power and operated smoothly which was nice.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The worst is the seats I had in my mega cab dodge, plywood would be better.

I have driven a superduty everyday since 2005, ford seats are the best to me comfort wise but they get worn out quick but I’m 6ft 220lbs

The seats in my wife’s gmt900 are decent, still look new at 165k miles along with the rest of the truck.

Gmt400 (1992) bench with small fold down arm rest is by far the most comfortable gmt400 seat.