What spring rate to use

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
So I'm getting ready to order qa1 coil overs. I'm gonna have a 5/7 drop with a 4 link rear suspension. Also going to have the coils on a 30 degree angle.

It'll be used just as a Sunday driver but I want to be able to race it and stuff once in a while. Any one know what spring rate I should run? I read somewhere that a 350lb spring might be good... will that be too stiff?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I just don't know the weight of my truck or the back end weight.. I was looking at the book guide.. not to sure.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
After a bunch of net-surfin', all I could find for that info is curb weights.
But only for an RCSB fleetside/V6, w/5speed, though.
That transmission you have is probably heavier than that NV3500
Not sure if this is dry weight or what. Probably with an empty tank.

2330 lbs. -Front.
1546 lbs. -Rear.
------------------
3876 lbs. -Total

Seems to me to be a bit on the light side, though. IIRC, this body style should be somewhere in the 4200 lb. range.
A bit more research & you could find the dif in weight between a V6 & a V8. Guessing 100-150 lbs? Depends on if you are using aluminum heads or not.
It's been a while. Is that what you're gonna be runnin'? (Damn memory! It's good. Just not for very long!)

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Well ordered my coil overs... they recommended 220lbs coils. Supposed to be in tomorrow!