Washing seat upholstery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lance Hohimer

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone ever removed the seat upholstery and ran it through a machine washer? I just bought a 93 K3500 that has been sitting for a while. Mice moved in and naturally cr@pped and pissed on the seats, floors. I am disassembling the ENTIRE interior to a BARE cab. The seats are in near pristine condition other than mouse poop/piss. I see the covers have zippers on them.
Thanks for any help.

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone ever removed the seat upholstery and ran it through a machine washer? I just bought a 93 K3500 that has been sitting for a while. Mice moved in and naturally cr@pped and pissed on the seats, floors. I am disassembling the ENTIRE interior to a BARE cab. The seats are in near pristine condition other than mouse poop/piss. I see the covers have zippers on them.
Thanks for any help.
Use a steam cleaner, like the type used on carpets, that's what 99% of detail shops use.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Use a steam cleaner, like the type used on carpets, that's what 99% of detail shops use.
I would probably try an extractor for his scenario. Bissell Littlegreen Proheat is a pretty nice little inexpensive one I see mobile detailers use.

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would probably try an extractor for his scenario. Bissell Littlegreen Proheat is a pretty nice little inexpensive one I see mobile detailers use.
+1 on the Bissell, I got my Girlfriend a Spotclean Pro or something like that and it will do couches, car upholstery, carpets, all kinds of stuff, and you can literally watch as the nasty ass water is sucked thru the tube and see how filthy your upholstery was.

I believe its the same one a lot of the Detailing Youtubers use.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Leave the covers on, and also bandwagon on the Bissell Little Green machine! Lots of experience with them and these trucks. Highly recommended.

Used to clean my Tahoe carpets once yearly, plus regular drink spills and messes. Worked great.

Cleaned up my absolutely filthy first K1500 bench and carpet. Gray seat turned beige and baked in by Southern sun. Kept going over it until clean solution came back out.

Little thing even pulled the previous owners' wretched B.O. smell and heavy pet dog scuzz out of the seats on my current truck. The carpet probably had every kind of fluid you can find in a gas station - sterile or not...Cleaned that up, too. No more stink!

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score

It was bad, I couldn't enthuse enough in words. Like..."I might have to burn this," bad. Only disclaimer is that it took a couple treatments to kill it completely. Hopeful thinking it would "air out," as everything dried. Air fresheners still didn't stand a chance after the first treatment.

I traveled a few states away because I really wanted the truck. How embarrassing. :ROFLJest:

jaywestfall

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great tips y'all. I need to do this on my truck once I get it back from the shop.