The Official Vortec 454 Info thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone have the link to the externally mounted FPR? I swear seeing it on FSC shortly after I had bought my truck; someone mounted the fuel pressure regulator and mounted it on the firewall of their L29 Swapped truck.

Also, @Mangonesailor; on the 28# injectors, the PN you have listed is for Bosch injectors correct?
https://www.injector.com/cart/pc/Bosch-27-lb-hr-280-cc-min-Fuel-Injector-p37.htm
I attempted to look these injectors up on Summit but wound up getting two different listings, one for a 1.8L Volkswagen engine; and the other for a 5.7L Chevy.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a thread on using tall deck block with 96-99 vortec top end? Specifically the distributor used if using stock intake with tall deck adapters.
Edit: looks like machining the lip and using the slip collar would solve that issue.

Last edited:

RichardSwinger

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have the link to the externally mounted FPR? I swear seeing it on FSC shortly after I had bought my truck; someone mounted the fuel pressure regulator and mounted it on the firewall of their L29 Swapped truck.

Also, @Mangonesailor; on the 28# injectors, the PN you have listed is for Bosch injectors correct?
https://www.injector.com/cart/pc/Bosch-27-lb-hr-280-cc-min-Fuel-Injector-p37.htm
I attempted to look these injectors up on Summit but wound up getting two different listings, one for a 1.8L Volkswagen engine; and the other for a 5.7L Chevy.
Hey BNielsen, did you ever get around to putting those higher flow injectors? I have a 1998 L29 and I'm trying to plan and source parts for injector and FPR replacement and eventually a standard Blackbear black box tune. I've been digging on different websites and forums for DAYS and it seems the injectors from 50 motorsport are the only guaranteed ones to work. I know they're pricey but I'd rather do that than gamble with eBay injectors. I haven't found a definite source for the FPR yet either and I have a feeling I'm going to be going to the dealership for that one [emoji58]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey BNielsen, did you ever get around to putting those higher flow injectors? I have a 1998 L29 and I'm trying to plan and source parts for injector and FPR replacement and eventually a standard Blackbear black box tune. I've been digging on different websites and forums for DAYS and it seems the injectors from 50 motorsport are the only guaranteed ones to work. I know they're pricey but I'd rather do that than gamble with eBay injectors. I haven't found a definite source for the FPR yet either and I have a feeling I'm going to be going to the dealership for that one [emoji58]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

FWIW, here are my eBay remanned 4 hole plug and plays going on next. Good price, just under $175 and got the FPR via Amazon. Went AC Delco:

You must be registered for see images attach

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've actually got the injectors still packaged up; I was planning to drop the truck off to my mechanic in the next couple of weeks for him to fix a slew of issues I don't have time or space to fiddle with;
After conversing with @Mangonesailor the listed injectors fit in the fuel rail like stock. If you're wanting to go with drop in/ready to roll, the 5O Bosch injectors are really the best bang for the buck, as these 28# cost me about $500 from Marren.