The Official Vortec 454 Info thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Old listing:

You must be registered for see images attach

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FWIW, here are my eBay remanned 4 hole plug and plays going on next. Good price, just under $100 and got the FPR via Amazon. Went AC Delco:

I went with AC Delco this time as well; the previous one was a Delphi, as well as the rest of my sensors/senders I'm replacing.

I've learned from a couple different threads those eBay "Remans" can be a crapshoot,

RichardSwinger

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've actually got the injectors still packaged up; I was planning to drop the truck off to my mechanic in the next couple of weeks for him to fix a slew of issues I don't have time or space to fiddle with;
After conversing with @Mangonesailor the listed injectors fit in the fuel rail like stock. If you're wanting to go with drop in/ready to roll, the 5O Bosch injectors are really the best bang for the buck, as these 28# cost me about $500 from Marren.
I emailed with 50 and they confirmed the Bosch 4 holes are the go-to, still waiting to hear back via email from Marren about those 28 pounders. I'm really itching to get a blackbear tune but I've got a "hard to start when hot/kind of smells like fuel" thing going on and figured I should get that squared away before tuning. And shoot... The 50 injectors are $430 so those 28lb injectors don't seem too bad for a slight price increase. Would you need to have the tune modified to make use of those higher flow injectors?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I emailed with 50 and they confirmed the Bosch 4 holes are the go-to, still waiting to hear back via email from Marren about those 28 pounders. I'm really itching to get a blackbear tune but I've got a "hard to start when hot/kind of smells like fuel" thing going on and figured I should get that squared away before tuning. And shoot... The 50 injectors are $430 so those 28lb injectors don't seem too bad for a slight price increase. Would you need to have the tune modified to make use of those higher flow injectors?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Yes you would need a tune; Black Bear shouldn't have a problem flashing a PCM to your truck. I decided to be more complicated going with the 0411 but I can open up the tune and make changes myself.

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went with AC Delco this time as well; the previous one was a Delphi, as well as the rest of my sensors/senders I'm replacing.

I've learned from a couple different threads those eBay "Remans" can be a crapshoot,

Good to know- I have had some hot start issues so I figure I’m due. I don’t drive the truck too much so before I install them I’ll get a local race shop to look at them and get a second opinion.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Good to know- I have had some hot start issues so I figure I’m due. I don’t drive the truck too much so before I install them I’ll get a local race shop to look at them and get a second opinion.

Hot start issues are almost guaranteed to be leaking injectors. I'm on my second big block, and this one is starting to suffer thesame symptoms as my last one, although not as bad.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

IMO there is nothing wrong with used injectors, but you just need to be careful about the vendor. At least I'm talking about used take outs that are just cleaned and flow tested.

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IMO there is nothing wrong with used injectors, but you just need to be careful about the vendor. At least I'm talking about used take outs that are just cleaned and flow tested.

Cool- I will have these checked out locally. Fuel pump was replaced by previous owner about 3.5 years ago so I am thinking injectors. Hot start will crank after a few tried but sometimes pops check engine light then goes away next start.

BTW: AC Delco FPR made in china :/

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool- I will have these checked out locally. Fuel pump was replaced by previous owner about 3.5 years ago so I am thinking injectors. Hot start will crank after a few tried but sometimes pops check engine light then goes away next start.

BTW: AC Delco FPR made in china :/

Seems like more stuff is made there every day unfortunately