Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, that's tough. I've had a lot of great vehicles. My current ride is without a doubt the fastest and best handling vehicle I have ever owned, but the one I still dream about is my first: 1971 Ford Bronco Sport. Probably only made 150 HP on its best day, and less when I owned it.
Hahaha...... I LOVE IT!!! Shoebox on wheels! What makes it the ONE that got away???

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Love it!!!! So, whats it quork? What's that one thing "you've just gotten use to?"

Honestly, the glove box. It's always been hard to close. You have to slam the hell out of it every time. By contrast the one in the Suburban has always been the exact opposite, you can close it gently with one finger.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far it’s my uncles 1970 corvette stingray. Manual. Hope I can drive it one day as it’s his baby. But fun to ride in. Most favorite that I’ve driven is actually my moms ford excursion 7.3L diesel.
What's the deal maker on the vett? Whats that one thing that sells you on it as your favorite??

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hahaha...... I LOVE IT!!! Shoebox on wheels! What makes it the ONE that got away???

I have so many fun memories with that vehicle, such as the first time I was put in a police car, LOL.

I took the top off and drove for over a year with no top on it, rain or shine, hot or cold. Lots of offroad fun.

It was a chick magnet for some reason. Not complaining.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I'll play!

My 1969 Firebird (The Icechicken!) I've owned it since 86 and the wife says I can't sell it because I wouldn't be fit to live with!

It's a wannabe road racer with license plates. Jungle gym roll cage but you can still get in the back from the passenger side in case the kids want ice cream!

It's currently down due to eating the cam twice! Long story!

A couple of special needs adult children in the house kinda slow down the projects a bit but we're finally starting to get ahead of all the projects!:gay:

Now, if I can just keep the wife's Astro running for more than 12 minutes maybe I can get something else fixed!:biggrin:

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have so many fun memories with that vehicle, such as the first time I was put in a police car, LOL.

I took the top off and drove for over a year with no top on it, rain or shine, hot or cold. Lots of offroad fun.

It was a chick magnet for some reason. Not complaining.
Man, I had Suzuki Samurai in high school that was the same way. Mine was a soft top, but I rolled commando rain or shine most of the time!!! It had a hard time doing 65 in a good head wind, but it never got stuck!!! Good times!!!

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll play!

My 1969 Firebird (The Icechicken!) I've owned it since 86 and the wife says I can't sell it because I wouldn't be fit to live with!

It's a wannabe road racer with license plates. Jungle gym roll cage but you can still get in the back from the passenger side in case the kids want ice cream!

It's currently down due to eating the cam twice! Long story!

A couple of special needs adult children in the house kinda slow down the projects a bit but we're finally starting to get ahead of all the projects!:gay:

Now, if I can just keep the wife's Astro running for more than 12 minutes maybe I can get something else fixed!:biggrin:
HELL YA!! Couple questions if I may.... maybe a little explanation on the name "Icechicken", what power plant does it run, how often do you daily drive it?

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
It was ice blue when I got it and then I painted it white so the name kinda stuck!

It has a .030 455 Pontiac 9.14:1, Ram Air IV cam, cleaned up heads, Performer RPM intake, 850 Holley DP, and it was tuned within an inch of it's life until it smoked the cam AGAIN!

Currently it had a TH400 that was in my 77 Catalina ex-cop car originally and an 8.5 10 bolt with 2.73 gears.

I want a ford T19 with the 4.02 first gear and 2.41 gears with Posi from an early 80's Chevy truck so I can get rid of my wheel spacers.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2.41 gears and a 2 series Posi carrier to fit them are like hen's teeth!

For that matter so is the trans!
My high-school sweetheart's dad owned a '67 Firebird with 326 and a 2 speed. Such a cool freakin car! I got to drive it a few times. It hit 2nd gear like a th400! Good times!!!!