6.0 turbo build advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Its std bore and stroke. After reading a bit, looks like I may benefit from a new cam. The tss I have is 218/224 .600/.600 113+3lsa. I figure I could repurpose it for the 6.0 swap? It has 317 heads, and 9.5:1 compression and im on 93 octane pump gas. Should I be looking to upgrade to a t6 turbo, and are the ebay logs killing me? I know there was alot of backpressure as it would push the wastegate open long before it reached the specified spring pressure. I will have to do some convincing to fit a bigger downpipe. What does it cost to get into the holley pcm? If it's 4 or 5k like It looks like I can't swing that unfortunately.
that cam would be fine. Have made 1040rwhp with a smaller cam in a LQ4.
Ive not seen the ebay log you mention so not sure how its made. Ive used KBRacing setups for 16 years then went to huron speed after Kyle passed away. Those T4 kits work great and depends on turbo size as to when your going to have backpressure issues.
i ran a 4" DP on my '91 and it fit without any issue.

Thenameless

Reaction score
Curious why. Were you getting pinging on lower octanes? Getting knock counts?
My turbo lm7 had higher compression, and I seen no evidence of knock. Sometimes there was a slight bit but only in reverse at low speed, downpipe touching a seam on the cab. I really just want to play it safe. No e85 anywhere near me, only 93. I am ordering the xmax soon though. Looking forward to having some sort of safety parameters