2 year build almost wrapping up..... OBS Bagged, LS Turbo Swapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Using the york compressor for air pressure is absolutely genius. Neatly fitting it in your engine compartment is icing on the cake.
Redneck options done professionally, it's a work of art! Such a beautiful build, it needs to be featured in a magazine!
With all the amazing exterior/drivetrain work, it makes me curious, what did you do for interior?

98c1500onAIR

Reaction score
Using the york compressor for air pressure is absolutely genius. Neatly fitting it in your engine compartment is icing on the cake.
Redneck options done professionally, it's a work of art! Such a beautiful build, it needs to be featured in a magazine!
With all the amazing exterior/drivetrain work, it makes me curious, what did you do for interior?
Clean interior, took out the buckets and put a old school bench with blue leather, and black suede with blue stitch diamond stich, with matching headliner and door panels. Needed my daughter to have a place to sit, since i took this picture i replaced the dash bezel and im doing a dash swap this weekend as i have the plastic cover on the dash now since it was brittle, when i change the dash i am going to do a gauge swap and going with a fully digital dash, also installing a back up camera, going to run all the wires etc when the dash it out
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

98c1500onAIR

Reaction score
Amazing work. Thanks for sharing. What transmission is in the truck? Did you swap in a 5- or 6-speed?
did a stage 4 rebuild on my 4l60e that came in the truck, with a 3500 stall, and put a corvette servo. If i blow it up I will do a 4l80, I used the dirty dingo adjustable LS swap mounts, so it let me keep the stock transmission location. My cousin is a transmission builder and it was cheaper and easier for me to beef up what it came with. I will probably source a 4l80 and get it built and keep on the shelf for later, cause when your prepared you wont have a problem lol

98c1500onAIR

Reaction score
What a great truck! I'm looking at it and seeing things I don't like (phantom dually, full phantom grille, shiny trim and handles, etc) but man, when I see the truck as a whole it looks killer! And who doesn't like a boosted LS swap? Awesome job bro.
that's the beauty of cars, not every build is the same, and I built mine to be my dream truck when i was younger and could not afford to do the things I did. Is it for everyone, no it isn't. Could I of painted my trim black and murdered it out like everyone is doing now a days, sure, would it look good, yes it would. But then it wouldn't be my build. Thanks for respecting the build. Oh and the grill was function, i had to cut the **** out of my grille to fit my intercooler. It was the only way to cover all I cut. Because im running a big intercooler for my 78mm turbo. But it does look good imo....

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's the beauty of cars, not every build is the same, and I built mine to be my dream truck when i was younger and could not afford to do the things I did. Is it for everyone, no it isn't. Could I of painted my trim black and murdered it out like everyone is doing now a days, sure, would it look good, yes it would. But then it wouldn't be my build. Thanks for respecting the build.
It's more than respect, I think it looks amazing. Everything ties together really well.
Oh and the grill was function, i had to cut the **** out of my grille to fit my intercooler. It was the only way to cover all I cut. Because im running a big intercooler for my 78mm turbo. But it does look good imo....
I've got a phantom grille on my square dually for the exact same reason.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's the beauty of cars, not every build is the same, and I built mine to be my dream truck when i was younger and could not afford to do the things I did. Is it for everyone, no it isn't. Could I of painted my trim black and murdered it out like everyone is doing now a days, sure, would it look good, yes it would. But then it wouldn't be my build. Thanks for respecting the build. Oh and the grill was function, i had to cut the **** out of my grille to fit my intercooler. It was the only way to cover all I cut. Because im running a big intercooler for my 78mm turbo. But it does look good imo....
Mate, I 100% agree with this response. So many people build there cars/trucks because that's what everyone else is doing at the time. I have huge respect for anyone that has the guts to do what he or she wants regardless of what other's might think. When I go to a show I am there to take in the creative thoughts and excellent workmanship that I know goes into building a custom vehicle regardless of the style they have gone with. We build our trucks for one person, and that is ourselves. There are a ton of great build threads on this site alone that have some incredibly well thought out modifications and I have respect for every one. You have done an excellent job and should be proud, keep up the great thread.

98c1500onAIR

Reaction score
finally finished up my exhaust, started out as scrap pipe and some pie cuts, heat wrapped it, in the pics the wrap is still wet from when i wrapped, it dried the same color as the other pipe, gonna finish wiring my gauges, then have to reseal my oil pan noticed a small leak, and then put my hood on and off to the tuner, almost done.

Attachments

• obs20.PNG
    obs20.PNG
    681.8 KB · Views: 28
  • obs19.PNG
    obs19.PNG
    729.6 KB · Views: 29
  • obs16.PNG
    obs16.PNG
    988.4 KB · Views: 30
  • obs17.PNG
    obs17.PNG