Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
My memory failed me. Its not as dark as I remembered. But repainted & rebuilt. He’s owned it for 20something years.

Kinda looks like LeMans blue if I had to guess. It was Nassau Blue on the C2.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
My memory failed me. Its not as dark as I remembered. But repainted & rebuilt. He’s owned it for 20something years.
I really want one, but I want a 1978 to 1982. I have been looking, but I'm not ready to buy one yet. As for as for them being slow, I can fix that. I guess what they say is true, it's an old man's sports car, ha ha.

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve located a firebird that used to be a indy pacecar. A customer my brothers and I mow for, she’s like 90 and it’s wasting away in here garage. I would like to offer her something for it, but anything I could offer would be an insult. lol

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really want one, but I want a 1978 to 1982. I have been looking, but I'm not ready to buy one yet. As for as for them being slow, I can fix that. I guess what they say is true, it's an old man's sports car, ha ha.

It's true. I'm 49 and when I picked mine up at the Corvette museum I felt like everyone else was older than my parents, LOL.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got t-***** by a drunk driver, 56 pins, 8 plates, 4 rods, a knee replacement and an ankle fusion later I am at least mobile. If I wouldn't have lifted my leg off my clutch pedal I would have been an amputee from just above my knee. I can no longer drive a manual every day but still do when I go to my parents and drive dad's 66 Chevelle with a Muncie lol. The accident was 20yrs ago last week Oct 14th 2001.
Damn! Sorry to hear that.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Damn! Sorry to hear that.
It was one of those moments in your life that you can either let define you, or make you stronger. I chose the latter, I am a stronger person now because of it. I continue to race and build race cars. Not only that, but I even designed a hand clutch for myself but never actually implemented it as I have no need for it now, since I no longer race road course or Auto-X.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I even designed a hand clutch for myself but never actually implemented it as I have no need for it now, since I no longer race road course or Auto-X.

That is completely awesome. It always makes me happy to see people find a way to do what they want, regardless of limitations. It's inspiring IMO.

There's a guy named Rob Parsons who is wheelchair bound after an accident. He designed and built a complete hand control system for his drift car, and started a foundation to teach other people with similar issues how to use it. The website is chairslayer.org for anyone interested. There are a bunch of videos of him driving with the hand controls on YouTube too.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is completely awesome. It always makes me happy to see people find a way to do what they want, regardless of limitations. It's inspiring IMO.

There's a guy named Rob Parsons who is wheelchair bound after an accident. He designed and built a complete hand control system for his drift car, and started a foundation to teach other people with similar issues how to use it. The website is chairslayer.org for anyone interested. There are a bunch of videos of him driving with the hand controls on YouTube too.
Good post brotha! Always love to see and welcome inspiring and positive stories! Thank you for sharing!

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was one of those moments in your life that you can either let define you, or make you stronger. I chose the latter, I am a stronger person now because of it. I continue to race and build race cars. Not only that, but I even designed a hand clutch for myself but never actually implemented it as I have no need for it now, since I no longer race road course or Auto-X.
Thats cause we're gonna launch you straight ahead at about 2 G's!!! Haha