Texas Roll Call!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
To anyone who claims that summer is better than winter, you're wrong and you should feel bad. Just came back inside from attempting to wash the truck and said screw it after only rinsing it off. It is currently 106* with a feels like of 117* at my house. No wind either. It's brutal. I'll take 30* over this any day.
Washing them when it's 30 sucks, too. Especially if you try to go to the coin car wash. It freezes to the truck as you spray..

Richard

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To anyone who claims that summer is better than winter, you're wrong and you should feel bad. Just came back inside from attempting to wash the truck and said screw it after only rinsing it off. It is currently 106* with a feels like of 117* at my house. No wind either. It's brutal. I'll take 30* over this any day.
Do your outside work in the morning. Summer's still better. You just have to hydrate in advance, work at a slower pace, and know when to go inside and cool off.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take Texas cold over Texas heat. I've tent camped down to 0F and didn't bother me, my wife almost died on the other hand. I'm pretty sure I'm on the high end of Neanderthal DNA though. :)

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Buddy of mine that now splits his time between Texas hill country and the Black Hills national forest.. just posted up pics of starting a fire to warm his place up. Of course plenty of his Texas pals are cursing his name, telling him to shut up, etc. (all in jest, mostly, anyway.) I recall when he and I rode from Houston to Sturgis for the 1995 rally. We tent-camped on a farm, the couple that owned the place had set up some rows of port-a-potties and built some outdoor showers that were actually pretty decent. The only problem was they were well-water fed, no heat, and even August mornings in South Dakota can be kinda chilly. Those showers pretty much guaranteed you didn't need coffee to wake up.

Richard

Z71Brother

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gentlemen, sorry for my absence.

Don’t remember where I left off at but I’ll start here. I’m still working on a legitimate GMT400 meet n’ greet, definitely not anytime soon but maybe next year hopefully. If any of you are on Reddit I threw out a line to see if it gains any interest as I do believe success will be in numbers if we can get enough folks onboard. I contacted my hometown Chevrolet dealership that has ton of space for an event like this and they communicated that they would love to put us on. I have local connections that would cater/food truck for an event like this and we could really get something off the ground. Let me know how y’all feel!

Also, trucks still MINT just at the paint shop of a friend getting some paint correction so it’s flawless!

Bryce,

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Gentlemen, sorry for my absence.

Don’t remember where I left off at but I’ll start here. I’m still working on a legitimate GMT400 meet n’ greet, definitely not anytime soon but maybe next year hopefully. If any of you are on Reddit I threw out a line to see if it gains any interest as I do believe success will be in numbers if we can get enough folks onboard. I contacted my hometown Chevrolet dealership that has ton of space for an event like this and they communicated that they would love to put us on. I have local connections that would cater/food truck for an event like this and we could really get something off the ground. Let me know how y’all feel!

Also, trucks still MINT just at the paint shop of a friend getting some paint correction so it’s flawless!

Bryce,
That would be great to have our vintage GM trucks at a dealership for a show/meet up. I'm trying to get an informal meetup for the Houston area around the end of October at the Conroe swap meet. Maybe I can come to your deal next year....

Z71Brother

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I remember talking about the swap meet in July! I’ll see what I’m up to that last weekend in October. Currently got three weddings to attend between September/October so I’m pretty “booked” up haha.

I like the idea, right now it’s Maverick Chevrolet in Marshall for location. I’ll have to drive out from Abilene but won’t be big deal. Then seemed pretty excited about the idea and wanted showcase my newest truck with whatever newest year model Silverado for photos. We even talked about like a sponsoring of the event for the future. We will see!