Texas Roll Call!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think there's a few of us Texas 400 people in SETX, between Houston and the border....they need to be in on this too. Also several people on the GM square body forum are in Texas.
I used to be in the Houston area. I just moved up to Livingston a couple of months ago. My 96 is down with a blown engine right now but I'm about to picking up a 94 pretty soon that I should have road worthy fairly quick. If I'm off or have enough notice ahead of time, I'd definitely be down to go to a meet with some of y'all.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I used to be in the Houston area. I just moved up to Livingston a couple of months ago. My 96 is down with a blown engine right now but I'm about to picking up a 94 pretty soon that I should have road worthy fairly quick. If I'm off or have enough notice ahead of time, I'd definitely be down to go to a meet with some of y'all.
Good to hear from you, I was wondering how you were doing.
I still think the Conroe swap meet would be a good place and time to get together. Last weekend of October, Montgomery County Fairgrounds. I haven't booked my space yet, but I'm planning on being up there all weekend with Rawhide and the family.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Maybe we can get some more of the guys who are in the area, together at the meet. IIRC they charge $2 a head admission on Saturday at the meet but Friday and Sunday is free.
It'd at least be cool to get together for breakfast on Sunday at ******* barrel or somewhere else that has a big parking lot....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
@HotWheelsBurban Had an idea at work.

We call it… (drum roll)… “400 Throwdown”

Tacky? Just thinking out loud. I’m slammed busy all July and most of summer. But I’m still putting in the work far as planning this meet though!
I like that...or 400/OBS Roundup. We could also invite the Square Body guys (since many of us grew up with squares and some members are on both forums).

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup, I'm in Houston, and I think @Orpedcrow is in Hawkins (northeast Texas)? There are a few other Houston area members too. @SUBURBAN5 is in Magnolia, @someotherguy is in Cypress/North Katy area(but works on weekends), ,@xXxPARAGONxXx is in east Houston, and I know there are a few other local people.
I would like to make a get together happen too, it'd be fun and a chance to put faces to the members we chat with online(and see each other's trucks too!). A time that might be good would be at the next Conroe, Texas swap meet, it should be coming up in October. That'd give people time to make plans and such. I'll find out from the guy who puts those meets on, when the next one will be.
The Lone Star Throwdown people are supposed to have a Classic Truck(98 and earlier) show the weekend after Father's Day, but that's kinda quick and I don't think it gives people enough time to make plans. I was going to go to this show with a friend, but the local diecast show that's on my side of Houston is that Saturday morning. Not sure if we can do both.... Plus I start a new job on Monday so I gotta see how that goes.....
But I'm looking forward to a meetup!
I am between Fort Worth and Dallas here.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I am between Fort Worth and Dallas here.
That classic truck throwdown has been moved a week; it's the weekend before July 4th. June 30, July 1-2. I think I am going with a buddy from the car club.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230611-195625.png
    Screenshot_20230611-195625.png
    1 MB · Views: 4