Teal daily driven farm truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More dash and harness details along with pass airbag delete.
You must be registered for see images attach

Felt on the crossover where the column harness passes by.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok…. Change of plans. Bearings have a little play and cylinders are pretty shiny. Machinist is going to call me back with a price

Attachments

• 550FF03F-9F03-419B-83ED-4644DE73EB0F.jpeg
    550FF03F-9F03-419B-83ED-4644DE73EB0F.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 3

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Build time?
Nothing crazy. 30 over, balanced, ARP bolts, Probably the marine cam, it’s like $110 and maybe roller tip rockers for increased efficiency.

He’s got a set of aftermarket vortec heads he built with stainless valves, 3 angle, screw in rocker studs he’ll sell me for $900

I’ll take him the bare block and disassembled rotating assembly, he’ll vat it, deck, torque plate hone, resize the rods, polish the crank if it’s round ( grind it if it’s not) balance the rotating assembly with new pistons and install cam bearings. I’ll put it back together and drop it back in the truck.

I’ll clean the lower intake manifold, (maybe port match it) replace the upper (it’s cracked), take apart inspect and clean the lifters, inspect and clean the oil pump, install brass freeze plugs, paint it etc…

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing crazy. 30 over, balanced, ARP bolts, Probably the marine cam, it’s like $110 and maybe roller tip rockers for increased efficiency.

He’s got a set of aftermarket vortec heads he built with stainless valves, 3 angle, screw in rocker studs he’ll sell me for $900

I’ll take him the bare block and disassembled rotating assembly, he’ll vat it, deck, torque plate hone, resize the rods, polish the crank if it’s round ( grind it if it’s not) balance the rotating assembly with new pistons and install cam bearings. I’ll put it back together and drop it back in the truck.

I’ll clean the lower intake manifold, (maybe port match it) replace the upper (it’s cracked), take apart inspect and clean the lifters, inspect and clean the oil pump, install brass freeze plugs, paint it etc…
If the 5.0 goes in mine thats what I would do very mild build but I would just put a 350 back in it

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This doesn’t seem bad to me. I’ve been to his shop, he did the machining on the Scout block for me.

I appreciate that he's giving you the "if it needs more it'll be $xx" prices as well.