TBI lines to 3/8npt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Need to figure out how to go from the stock 95 TBI fuel lines to hoses that end with 3/8NPT for a pressure regulator with return provision. I do not want to cut the hard metal lines. I want to use adapters so I do not have fuel hose blowing off cut metal lines just held on by simple clamps. I want to use my stock in tank pump to run a carb is why I want to use a regulator. After the regulator to the carb its only 4-6 psi so I am not as concerned. Are there hoses already made for this?

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the lines are M16x1.5 oring, which I think the supply line is, you'll want something like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

Then you can get something like this to attach to it

You must be registered for see images attach

And then your fuel line to a 3/8npt fitting. If you prefer crimped fittings, a hydraulic shop should be able to make a hose to spec.

TagAllen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
will flaring it be enough to hold the pressure from a FI in tank pump?

So is the male end of the blue fitting 3/8 NPT? Or does it screw into the second fitting pictured?

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can use the fittings SAATR recommended on the stock supply line and the corresponding M14x1.5 o-ring fitting on the stock return line with a little bit of hose to and from the regulator, or you can cut the metal lines.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flaring can be a little finicky to get right. The one saving grace of those GM proprietary fittings is they seal well and repeatably. I got the adapters because AN lines and hoses are very common and easy to use.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
will flaring it be enough to hold the pressure from a FI in tank pump?

So is the male end of the blue fitting 3/8 NPT? Or does it screw into the second fitting pictured?

The blue fitting is -6 JIC/AN. The barb fitting is female -6 JIC/AN to 3/8" hose barb. Attach a hose to the barb, and then a 3/8 barb/male 3/8 NPT fitting to attach the hose to the regulator.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would a dorman 800-78 work?

That fitting is for M16x1.5, which is too big. If you could find one for M14x1.5, it would work, though I think those fittings are designed for 3/8 nylon line which explains the extremely small barb on the hose side. I would much prefer something with a more aggressive barb or flare for better retention using rubber hose, like the fitting I pictured. I also like JIC fittings for their ease of disassembly and good quality connection, but that's personal preference.