Temporary fuel supply - 350 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
1994 K2500 350 TBI

It is the doghouse truck i bought for the plow on it. Fuel and brake lines are rusted away but pump still runs. I want to rig a temporary fuel supply as inexpensive and safely as possible to get it running for a damage assessment. If engine is sound, I'll invest the money and time to replace the OE steel lines. Fuel and brake.

Ya'll got any suggestions? Rubber fuel hose run from filter to TBI secured with hose clamps? I'm open to all ideas. Surely some of ya'll have done similar.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Whatever supply you use, you need a return line, too. A boat style plastic gas tank might be a decent solution but you'll have to rig the return line as I think most are just supply.

Just don't be tempted to use fuel from an open container, not even a regular gas can with hose stuffed into the open cap, as you'll have a bad time when the vapors find an ignition source.

Richard

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Whatever supply you use, you need a return line, too. A boat style plastic gas tank might be a decent solution but you'll have to rig the return line as I think most are just supply.

Just don't be tempted to use fuel from an open container, not even a regular gas can with hose stuffed into the open cap, as you'll have a bad time when the vapors find an ignition source.

Richard
I'm leaning towards just scabbing in rubber line from filter to TBI and back to tank to see if it'll run, current pump does work. Sold my boat in college and the tanks with it....

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well ventilated open container would work. Just run return back to it

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sometimes it the steel lines on the sending unit that are bad where they go through the top plate @90 degrees into the tank that are wiped out. I would try to gain a better understanding(if you haven't) on where the issue actually is. Just because you hear the pump running doesn't mean the 3 inch piece of fuel line in the tank hasn't turned to Jello. I tend to start at the tank and work forward.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Sometimes it the steel lines on the sending unit that are bad where they go through the top plate @90 degrees into the tank that are wiped out. I would try to gain a better understanding(if you haven't) on where the issue actually is. Just because you hear the pump running doesn't mean the fuel lines in the tank haven't turned to Jello. I tend to start t the tank and work forward.
I had fuel running off the transmission area and just a trickle at the injectors. I'm sure the lines are in rough shape everywhere and due for R&R. Havent climbed under it with family here today.

All new lines and dropping the tank is the route I'll go if the engine is sound. Kicking ideas around on how to get that far at the moment.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had fuel running off the transmission area and just a trickle at the injectors. I'm sure the lines are in rough shape everywhere and due for R&R. Havent climbed under it with family here today.

All new lines and dropping the tank is the route I'll go if the engine is sound. Kicking ideas around on how to get that far at the moment.
I hear ya man but if the lines in the sender or the piece of rubber fuel line inside the tank are no good what's going to pump out?

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sometimes just need to get things running for a bit.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach