Temporary fuel supply - 350 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't hesitate to run the 454 pump. I've choked out more pump than that with no ill effects.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't hesitate to run the 454 pump. I've choked out more pump than that with no ill effects.
I'll likely order one next week sometime and see what happens. Dropping the tank is unappealing in the dirt and the cold right now.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
would using a pump rated for the 7.4l (Delphi fe0112) be an issue either for temp use or as a replacement? Rated at a higher volume and pressure (36 gph & 40 max psi).
I've been running the AC Delco EP381 for a '96 Vortec 5.7L for a few years without an issue on my 350 and 383. It's rated at 155L/HR at 60 PSI which is higher than your pump (136 L/Hr and 40 PSI. The regulator in the TB has no issues with the flow.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I've been running the AC Delco EP381 for a '96 Vortec 5.7L for a few years without an issue on my 350 and 383. It's rated at 155L/HR at 60 PSI which is higher than your pump (136 L/Hr and 40 PSI. The regulator in the TB has no issues with the flow.
Good to know the regulator should handle it without issue.

FancyTBI just pointed out the nylon line set from inline tube in the thread on the truck. That may be a good option for my current goals here. On sale for $70 at the moment. I'd prefer to run steel but thats for a permanent solution and more involved.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Good to know the regulator should handle it without issue.

FancyTBI just pointed out the nylon line set from inline tube in the thread on the truck. That may be a good option for my current goals here. On sale for $70 at the moment. I'd prefer to run steel but thats for a permanent solution and more involved.

Yeah not a fan of nylon lines here. I had an engine fire that I extinguished with my on board fire system, but the fire had gotten to a chunk of nylon line under the car and that continued to burn until someone showed up with an extinguisher.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That puff you see in the distance was the engine fire. The massive ball that erupts right at the end is the nylon line letting go. Needless to say I bailed out the passenger side, traffic be damned!

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah not a fan of nylon lines here. I had an engine fire that I extinguished with my on board fire system, but the fire had gotten to a chunk of nylon line under the car and that continued to burn until someone showed up with an extinguisher.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That puff you see in the distance was the engine fire. The massive ball that erupts right at the end is the nylon line letting go. Needless to say I bailed out the passenger side, traffic be damned!
Yikes. Definitely not fun when the fire is outside the cylinder. I’m still tempted to toss a set on this truck for a temp solution to decide which route to go on it. If the truck stays here for rehab, it’ll get steel lines.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Follow up on the nylon lines from inline tubing. NFR0013 kit connects to existing lines from the engine bay at frame rail connection per my email with support (prior to ordering). Website description incorrectly claims they connect to the engine.