Sniper fuel line return

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LosDoritos

Reaction score
Sorry had a eventful weekend, I haven’t touched the truck in a while but I can put a data log overlay on the timing table and move it around yes, I still have been doing some digging ab this and i created a forum on gearhead efi as well http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-In...hyperspark-tuning-for-350&p=100027#post100027 it’s brand new so not much, but I came across another thread and was wondering ab this guys table in post #7 of this forum http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-In...143-Sniper-efi-on-Vortec-350-timing-questions, I will also look into your reply, and there’s another link in the last reply of the timing table forum that explains some stuff that I’m gonna study, and also maybe a dumb question, but what would I be listening for in terms of pinging, is that when it “lags” or “stutters” then catches itself

Last edited:

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No,that's when you actually hear a pinging sound coming from the engine,also known as spark knock. That table on post #7 of the second link looks like a good starting point for you.

LosDoritos

Reaction score
No,that's when you actually hear a pinging sound coming from the engine,also known as spark knock. That table on post #7 of the second link looks like a good starting point for you.
I’ll have to look up some videos for an example, just so I know what I’m listening for, right now I probably won’t be able to hear it cause of my header gasket but I’ll try out that table

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That thing won't run right until you get those exhaust leaks sealed up.
Throw away the stupid "header gaskets" and use regular ol exhaust manifold gaskets. You will have t retorque them once after the first heat cycle. I don't know how long they last,the ones on my 355 have about 10,000 miles on them now.

LosDoritos

Reaction score
Alright so after some beers and alone time I got that timing table brought over, got some gaskets coming in and the thicker spark plug wires that is recommend for the sniper/hyperspark system, there were some numbers almost impossible to read but that’s just for the decimals, here’s what I got

Attachments

• gearheadEFI random 350 vortec thread timing graph.PNG
    gearheadEFI random 350 vortec thread timing graph.PNG
    105.3 KB · Views: 3
  • gearheadEFI random 350 vortec thread timing table.PNG
    gearheadEFI random 350 vortec thread timing table.PNG
    102.1 KB · Views: 5

LosDoritos

Reaction score
i didnt like how rough the graph was so i hit smooth all then saved the smooth version as a separate file to not lose the original, here is after the smooth, i would assume the graph would be better if it were smooth but i have no idea :)
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

LosDoritos

Reaction score
So I ran that tune to the shop to put new gaskets and wires on otw back I did a baby ripper buuuuttt I think I lost 3rd gear, so ima check the cable to see if it’s loose or what, if my transmission is screwed then it’s still under warranty hopefully the shop will go thru with it, I haven’t checked the datalogs bc I’m really scared ab the trans, I’ll look tho and report my findings