Sniper fuel line return

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LosDoritos

Reaction score
I forgot to ask,what ignition system are you running and is the timing controlled by the Holley ECM?
Yes I have the hyperspark which I was actually thinking a bit, the motor manual calls for 10 degrees idle 32 WOT for vacuum wouldn’t it differ from hyperspark timing? I don’t remember if it was this forum or my other that said they had a sniper on a 350 with vortec heads, was gonna see what kind of timing they use and what they have it set to

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would match the hyperspark timing to your motor. 0 to -2 for cranking,10 at idle is a little late,18-20 would be better. 32 WOT sounds like a good starting point and dial it up until you get knock then back it off 4. 41 would be a good part throttle cruise,again watch your knock sensor. The object is to run as much timing as you can on the octane you intend to burn without detonation.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm running flat-top pistons with a stock deck height and untouched Vortec heads. If I don't run at least 91 octane I get pinging, so I have the timing on my Hyperspark dialed back to about 24° max. My compression ratio calculates out to about 9.7:1.

Last edited:

LosDoritos

Reaction score
I’ll def keep an eye on all that I do run 93 octane in the motor cause that’s what the motor manual calls for, I’ll also play with the timing after a learning drive to see how that works
I'm running flat-top pistons with a stock deck height and untouched Vortec heads. If I don't run at least 91 octane I get pinging, so I have the timing on my Hyperspark dialed back to about 24° max. My compression ratio calculates out to about 9.7:1.
is that your WOT timing? What are your timing values set at on the sniper screen, cranking was one that I wasn’t sure on so I left it alone, I’d like to use it as a reference to mine, I think (not at the truck) idle:10 WOT:32 Cruising:36(I believe) cranking:15(not sure on cause I did not set/touch it I let the sniper wizard do that)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 2

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll def keep an eye on all that I do run 93 octane in the motor cause that’s what the motor manual calls for, I’ll also play with the timing after a learning drive to see how that works

is that your WOT timing? What are your timing values set at on the sniper screen, cranking was one that I wasn’t sure on so I left it alone, I’d like to use it as a reference to mine, I think (not at the truck) idle:10 WOT:32 Cruising:36(I believe) cranking:15(not sure on cause I did not set/touch it I let the sniper wizard do that)
You can probably increase your idle timing to 18,liven it up off the line a little. Add a couple deg. at cruise. WOT looks like a good starting point,you can bump that up 2 deg. at a time till you get knock then back it off 4 deg. Your starter will last longer if you back the crank timing down to 0

LosDoritos

Reaction score
Before work I went and drove ab 20 miles and got some data logs, this is at the timing shown in the pic, it backfired when I tried to snap WOT but gradually opening let me get all the way open, def felt the timing could be raised. I then set the cranking timing down and raised idle started it and revved for a friend and it sounded pretty good, but had to leave so couldn’t drive it, I’m gonna drive it tm on the new timing, as for the knock with the wide open, wym by that, a knock sensor reading or backfire/hesitation etc? Sorry if that’s a dumb question but I’m brand new to greasing graphs and these readings