Superchips tuner/programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluetahoe

Reaction score
Has anybody tried a Blackbear tune in a '97 Tahoe or other 4wd GMT400? I thought that the '97s and older were not friendly for tuning vs '98 and up?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not tripping over a dollar to save a dime. I'm just trying to save some money and down time. Don't see the issue with that. I will give them a call and see what they have to say.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not tripping over a dollar to save a dime. I'm just trying to save some money and down time. Don't see the issue with that. I will give them a call and see what they have to say.

Like Supercharged111 said, you're over thinking it. Even if the tunes are different between Tahoes and trucks it won't matter after BBP tunes the PCM. If you're set on grabbing a spare PCM from the junkyard just send that one in for tuning and leave your stock PCM in the truck until they send you the tuned one.

Personally I would just pay the core charge and not have to worry about any of this. Even if you save $40 buying a spare PCM from a yard VS paying the BBP core charge, what's your time worth? How much gas are you going to burn before finding a suitable one? Just my two cents on the situation.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If they don't charge anything to reflash it to match what i have, then I will go that route. The junkyard is a 1/2 mile from my work, so not going out of my way. Some places charge for a VIN change too.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere the core was like over $100. ECMs from the yard is like $20. But I called them and it's $50 for the core. So for $365 I get 2 ECMs, stock and tuned.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere the core was like over $100. ECMs from the yard is like $20. But I called them and it's $50 for the core. So for $365 I get 2 ECMs, stock and tuned.

That is what I did. I keep the stock one as a spare.