Suburban down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah that's how I feel. Takes a good amount of heat to melt lol. Although brass is very soft and breaks easily

Brass fittings feature in my LPG plumbing. Brass threads and brass olives clamping down on brass tubes. I don't enjoy working with them.

You must be registered for see images attach

It looks like it's the rubber lined clips supporting the filter but the filter is securely bolted from behind to the alloy plate. The clips are there as tethers in case the olives slip. Wont stop a leak but will prevent the pipe coming out completely and engulfing the engine bay directly above the distributor.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well officially the motor ready to be yanked out. Today got the trans disconnected to the engine and the torque converter unbolted.

I'm gonna need my engine stand so gonna but the orginal motor on the ground til I complete this job. Got the table set up for quick cleaning and inspection of all the parts while I assembled it on the new 383. Funny thing this original motor says gm. Not hecho en Mexico lol smh

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I was shopping for a hose barb..... 1/2" pipe thread on one end, and 3/4" or 5/8" barb on the other. I've never seen anything like that in iron. The only iron fittings I've seen had an iron clamp on them, and were for reinforced hose from an old steam Jenny.... they were big bulky and completely overkill for automotive.
How about these? There are aluminum, stainless, and brass in this pile. I only included straight fittings but there are 45 and 90 degree fittings available.

https://www.summitracing.com/search...-barb_5-8-in-hose-barb+fitting-angle:straight

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
If you got those part# I'll be sure to look for em
The short bypass hose I used is Gates #20338. I had to trim it just a tad. The long bypass hose is Gates #19025. I got them at O'Reilly. The first one is a Ford or Mopar original use I think. But it's been on my Chevy for 2 1/2 years and no issues.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well officially the motor ready to be yanked out. Today got the trans disconnected to the engine and the torque converter unbolted.

I'm gonna need my engine stand so gonna but the orginal motor on the ground til I complete this job. Got the table set up for quick cleaning and inspection of all the parts while I assembled it on the new 383. Funny thing this original motor says gm. Not hecho en Mexico lol smh

Confused! The new engine was supplied complete with heads (only ancillaries need to be carried over) and your old motor is still in the truck. What's the engine without heads on the hoist?