Suburban down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of priming.. this is the tool btw
Yepper, when the engine is in the truck there's not a lot of clearance for a drill. As a lot of folks do, I ground down the gear on its shaft, removed all the stuff on top on an old distributor, welded a nut to the top of the shaft, and drove it with a 1/4" battery powered ratchet. Ran it until I got oil out of and around the lifters and oil pressure gauge went up over 20 PSI.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yepper, when the engine is in the truck there's not a lot of clearance for a drill. As a lot of folks do, I ground down the gear on its shaft, removed all the stuff on top on an old distributor, welded a nut to the top of the shaft, and drove it with a 1/4" battery powered ratchet. Ran it until I got oil out of and around the lifters and oil pressure gauge went up over 20 PSI.

Ima do something similar. I'm gonna spin the flexplate as my wife runs the drill and ima maybe rotate it 2 revolutions. Maybe more.idk yet

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well not the best way but I'm in the process of cleaning the intakes.

Also finally got my brass tees

You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well today the day to pull out the old motor.. worked on the new engine last night and was having a hard time with the distributor. Can anybody help confirm or send some references for the install? I'll snap pics of what I have

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres where the pointer is