Suburban down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
May be the car filter instead of the truck one. Back in the day, the car one was PF25, truck one was PF35, and it's about 2" longer. I use the AC PF1218 filter which is specified for the Vortec engines. I also put at least half a quart of oil in the filter so the pump has something to start with.
There was also a longer one for a bean truck that we used a lot.
AC Delco PF932

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
There was also a longer one for a bean truck that we used a lot.
AC Delco PF932
Yup that's what I use on my old 90 R 2500 Burb ( late square body 2wd). Was PF832 then they changed it and changed the #. When I couldn't get them any more, I went to Purolator version. Worked great and I had filtration for 5000 miles.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well heres the latest

You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As for you who've done this by yourselves.. hat off to you. I had the hardest time yanking it apart. Went smoothly but I had some help. Now getting it into the garage was a pita and I did that by myself ....

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also anybody who's ever done a repair on these lines what are my options?. I suspect one of them is leaking and I was thinking of cutting it and sliding the hose over it and clamping down on it. I'm sure there discontinued and I rather not do a jy...

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a big chunk of work you've got done - neat!
I was wondering how 'dressed' the new engine was going to be prior to installation. Very - judging by that last photo.
Stay on it. You can change an engine faster than I can change a brake pipe. I'm watching and learning!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a big chunk of work you've got done - neat!
I was wondering how 'dressed' the new engine was going to be prior to installation. Very - judging by that last photo.
Stay on it. You can change an engine faster than I can change a brake pipe. I'm watching and learning!

Thank you lol. I need to clean up the alternator bracket. Just wanted to start fitting parts on. I need to get a inch pound torque wrench. I hoping I got the distributor set right.... I'm already planning on taking it to the dealer. Whenever she's running so they can fine tune it..

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody got any ideas how to insulate the firewall like a diesel or new vehicle??
Variety of YouTube videos and products came up with a quick Google using "vehicle firewall insulation". Should be able to find something that fits your budget and time frame.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk