Steering wander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
The first statement was the only one directed at duratracs specifically. The rest were general statements.

I just personally dont care for duratracs that much. Much prefer their nitto, cooper or bfg equivalents. Just my opinion. Ran them on a 3ed gen 4runner I put together but just was not in love with how they behaved. They look good and you can find them cheap in a stock jeep 32" for cheap cheap as factory takeoffs which is nice.

You must be registered for see images attach

crispy89

Reaction score
Does it have the EVO, I didn't catch what year it is. This can cause some erratic behavior when they go south.

whats this evo pump ive seen people mention? is there something better that whats on the wifes 98 suburban-to the OP ive always thought my wifes truck wanders! when i first bought it i replaced everything in the front end, which helped but didnt cure. wish i could go back in time and test drive when these things were brand new

dirtautoguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No evo ( I kinda wish it did just so the possibility that was the issue)

I don’t have anything bad to say about the duratracs other than they were spendy. I haven’t had any issues with them. The next set I get will probably be Toyo open country AT. We put those on the Colorado we used to have and they seemed to perform great and were a good bit cheaper.

Just for the heck of it this weekend I think I’ll re examine everything in the front end.

I thought about doing the inner and outer tie rods again they are a couple years old but don’t have hardly anything for miles on them and I couldn’t see any slop in them.

It’s a 1996 k1500

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Make sure you have someone shake the wheel while checking for slack in the steering.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rag joints been replaced.

I cannot find any loose components with one tire in the air, both tires in the air, or having someone steer back and forth while watching everything work either.

It’s very influenced by the shape/ruts of the road. The steering wheel stays straight but the truck does not. So to keep straight the wheel is crooked.now that being said a lot of the road on my daily commute I could straighten the wheel and let go and it would go straight down the road.

I used Moog ball joints last month when I redid a lot of that stuff

The tires are Goodyear wrangler Duratracs. They have been on for a while and have probably about a year left in them.

I wish I knew my alignment specs but their printer was broken both times they alligned it. I think the next alignment will be done by a different shop
Printer was broke both times? That sounds like some bullshit. They could take a picture of it. Personally If a shop cannot give me a printout of the alignment I am telling them that the work was not completed and refusing to pay.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wheel bearings in good shape?

MOOG R series is junk. Their "Problem Solver" series is the quality stuff. The issue is that most people tend to say "MOOG is quality," and that is just not true. Their R series is chinese crap just like acdelco professional vs "advantage" which is also crap.