Side Molding and Trim After Painting or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You wouldn't happen to have a link for the "Silverado" emblems that go on the inside of the doors?

No unfortunately, and I actually saw a FB post recently about that where someone found a set on eBay for ridiculous money. I think those would be much harder to find.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My front clip was rattle canned from black to white last week. Scuffed, wiped, and painted in the garage. Didn't even bother to wet the floor. Came out incredibly well for what it is, certainly not good, but perfectly acceptable.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
The Rustoleum Professional paint is really good! I painted my seat brackets with it and they looked like I powder coated them! There are only a few colors though.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rustoleum Professional paint is really good! I painted my seat brackets with it and they looked like I powder coated them! There are only a few colors though.

Got it in a metallic blue?:anitoof: I've used that stuff in gloss white for something else and, you're right, it is good paint.

That's exactly what we used. Totally by accident, but glad we did.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You wouldn't happen to have a link for the "Silverado" emblems that go on the inside of the doors?

Found 'em! Part number 15569460. Discontinued, and like I said earlier, stupid money. But here they are if you want them bad enough. :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233745158992

Looks like they use little nuts that cut into the plastic mounting pegs, similar to the corner lenses. Parts 24/25 on this diagram.

https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline....odel=14486&modelYear=1989&ukey_category=19402

I did go back and search through some FB posts as well. One guy mentioned that the pillar emblems I linked earlier are similar size to these, and said he used them on the door panels instead. They're just backed with 3M tape instead of the little mounting pegs.