Lmc bumper impact strip and side moldings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found these guys on a search. I have not used them but like the looks of their stuff.
That's a great price, almost too good to be true. I paid ~$100 each for the 1500 emblems alone and, ~$110 for the Body Molding at LMC Truck. All that plus tax and shipping, just saying :33:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That's a great price, almost too good to be true. I paid ~$100 each for the 1500 emblems alone and, ~$110 for the Body Molding at LMC Truck. All that plus tax and shipping, just saying :33:
That's ridiculous that new plastic emblems are that expensive.....just like the grille bowtie.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I have not used them. I was going to, still might. They said they do custom work but wouldn’t make GMC2500 moldings for me.
You think maybe there is a market for new emblems like that, that aren't being reproduced? I know some guys in my car club that are doing 3D printing, maybe they can make real car and truck parts too....

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You think maybe there is a market for new emblems like that, that aren't being reproduced? I know some guys in my car club that are doing 3D printing, maybe they can make real car and truck parts too....

Definitely. In fact, I'm sure that's what's going on with the 1500 emblems on the Route LA Custom Parts website. Those red/black sport 1500 Chevy door emblems have been discontinued for the better part of a decade now, the ones they're selling are definitely reproductions. You can find similar reproduction emblems on eBay as well now, they were unobtainable years ago when I was looking. I had to pay $$$ for used originals...

I haven't checked in a long time but I'd wager a guess that all of the OEM door emblems for these trucks (at least the style with the mounting tabs for the side molding) are probably discontinued now. I know the GMC 1500 ones are.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Definitely. In fact, I'm sure that's what's going on with the 1500 emblems on the Route LA Custom Parts website. Those red/black sport 1500 Chevy door emblems have been discontinued for the better part of a decade now, the ones they're selling are definitely reproductions. You can find similar reproduction emblems on eBay as well now, they were unobtainable years ago when I was looking. I had to pay $$$ for used originals...

I haven't checked in a long time but I'd wager a guess that all of the OEM door emblems for these trucks (at least the style with the mounting tabs for the side molding) are probably discontinued now. I know the GMC 1500 ones are.
Okay, cool, thanks! I'll get this project going then....
I'm also looking into making some custom emblems too. More details about this once I get the prototype made....