Side Molding and Trim After Painting or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed.

I'm team side molding though. It flows well with the rest of the truck, and ties in pretty seamlessly with the chrome wheel arch trim. Plus it's functional, and will save you from parking lot dings and dents if others aren't paying attention.

Whenever I finally fix all the rust on my Suburban and paint it, it's getting all new side moldings.
I agree trim can look good. @JWall has one of the best looking 400's I've ever seen and it has trim.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to tell from your pic, but it looks like you have the gold "Silverado" badges on the cab pillars as well? Unfortunately those are discontinued, but there are a few people making them aftermarket in different colors.
Yeah it has those badges, thanks for that link and the PNs for the emblems. You wouldn't happen to have a link for the "Silverado" emblems that go on the inside of the doors?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
truck-jpg.237923

shave it all
Nice:waytogo: Unfortunately I don't think that's in the cards right now :sorrysign:
I do like that blue!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the bumpers, the rear rubber is tearing apart, the front is bent and doesn't hang right. If I decide to stay with the strips on the sides, I'll have to get the same front bumper. I still wanna be able to tow with the 2" receiver hitch so, am I gonna have to stay with that same style bumper or are there other options?
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can still tow with a different bumper, but you may need to change your hitch. All depends on your budget and desired outcome.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how far down that rabbit hole I wanna go, LOL. But if I'm gonna go through the expense of a good paint job I figure I need to follow up with lip stick and mascara too :33:
It's easy to drop way deep into it for sure. Sometimes we have to accept that good enough is, and that we don't need to do everything all at once.
What is your expected outcome? A clean, good looking daily driver, or an award winning perfect specimen? Noting wrong with either, but you need very different ways of getting there.