Shortchevy c1500 Sport build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^Translated: Not enough to justify spending oodles of money on a suspension that will handle it when the truck is just for show/daily driving/not-using-while-z28's-backseat-is-being-broken-in. :D

ha! the z28 is WAY to much fun! I did visit my truck today, my dad put the leaf back in the back and got some 3" springs for the front to level it out. I on the other hand will be ordering my flowmaster for the camaro tomorrow and picking up some new brake pads and rotors. I have to get my winter car (93 civic) all ready for winter so it will be getting an oil change, radiator and new coolant.... it needs a tire rotation and a good vacuum job too so Ill prolly be messing with that this week. I want to post up some pictures of my garage. I got it all set up for in case my honda breaks this winter, I got some halogen lights and zip-tied them to the rafters and ran an extension cord through the rafters. Ill post up some pictures cause its cool as hell. I got a bunch of posters and banners too so im ready to go!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
well heres all my stuff (minus my right rear shock) all DJM. gonna try to do it right this time... going to be a work in progress gonna put all this in as soon as the snow melts. then im looking into running n2 bags on the front as a winter project and drop the rear another 4inches Eventually I want to bag the whole truck but all in good time... but heres what I have done so far...

Keyless entry
Stubby Stainless Antenna
Tinted windows by Blackout
soldered in all new backlights for the radio
installed cd player out of 1998 gmt
removed hitch
removed gm bugshield
replaced fuel filter and sending unit
installed trailer id light under tailgate
full tune up- plugs, wires, new gear lube, rear end grease, coolant flush, ect...

sure im missing stuff, Ill try to take pictures when I do everything but no guarantees. prollly wont happen this week cause I have to lift my bosses 4dr JK... ill throw up a pic or two of that for you guys... well lemme know watcha think....

How well did this suspension set up handle and drive? im looking for ideas cause my trucks motor im building will have up to around 400 hp

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How well did this suspension set up handle and drive? im looking for ideas cause my trucks motor im building will have up to around 400 hp

well my dad has the truck now and he has it set up to handle perfectly. heres exactly what hes running. (it is 1 inch higher than my most recent pictures, right before the camaro)

FRONT
djm 2" drop arms
djm 3" drop springs

REAR
djm flip kit

and calmax shocks all the way around. the truck handles perfect and aligns straight and true. it doesnt bottom out and it tucks the front tires nicely, making it difficult for the tires to hit the fenders.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
awesome, i think i may of found the set up for me. Your truck, did you put a 4 link in it ?

No, If you have the money do it.... I had a flip kit and I removed a leaf spring.... not at all performance oriented. my camaro does have a 4 link with a panhard bar and O boy is that fun!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
i really like this whole 4 link setup, i just cant seem to find any info on it. do they have good kits you can buy? or should i just build it myself? How hard would it be to build ? any one know ?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Go look under someone's el camino, I know the body style like mine(1982) had it, not sure of the other generations tho. A 4-link is a simple system that completely eliminates axle roll/wrap. I personally like the triangulated 4-links, because it gets rid of the panhard bar, but they're all good.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
All Chevelles had a 4-link/coil spring suspension. But, they use a dedicated rear end housing. The upper & lower link mounting points are cast into the housing itself.
I've seen weld-in 4-link kits on ebay for under $400.00, specifically for gmt400's. A much better solution than trying to mod a Chevelle rear to your truck. The Chevelle rear is NOT adjustable, whereas the aftermarket ones are infinitely so.
If you are to do this, I recommend a swaybar/watt's link/panhard bar.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got a new truck! 91 GMC that someone swapped chevy stuff on... needs a motor.... Im picking up a 350 dual 4brl setup next weekend out of a chevelle
let me know what ya think!

You must be registered for see images attach