Shortchevy c1500 Sport build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really liked your sport, so I'm looking forward to see what you do with this truck.

thanks, I dont think this one is going to be near as nice. Im going for a shop truck/parts runner... im debating flat black with red wheels and whitewalls. Im going to lower it obviously but other than that im not set on anything. I kinda wish the motor was better so I could drive it this week but its a basket case. Its got a fractured ring and a blown headgasket, on a 215k motor that was weak to start with. so if anyone needs tbi parts the motor should be coming out this next weekend.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
flat black, red wheels, white walls...............you MUST run a blown sbc with a polished and black 2-tone scoop/blower sticking outta the hood to finish the "classic hot rod" look you're seemingly going for....if ya aren't, then meh :p

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
flat black, red wheels, white walls...............you MUST run a blown sbc with a polished and black 2-tone scoop/blower sticking outta the hood to finish the "classic hot rod" look you're seemingly going for....if ya aren't, then meh :p

I had a friend today tell me to just put some rubber spacers in the front to lift it a little and throw some 31s or 33s on it and just rock it.... that sounds appealing but I like prefer the lowlife over the high road, but it might be a super-cheap drop.... for sure not the $1k that I had in the last one lol.... still accepting all ideas!... but the blower is past my skill level

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
heres a pic of the bad side of the truck. I picked up some junkyard gm flares and put a valance on that I had laying around. motors all in and runs like a top. I have to hook a wire to the distributor for the tach and everything will be good. all the gauges work (minus tach for the time being) shifts like new, got the kickdown adjusted. Ill post up some pictures of the motor later

You must be registered for see images attach

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Hell man, just make her a rat rod....drop her about like 3/5 or 3/6, and run zoomies out the hood....:p

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good brother. I dunno about the flares though ? Are you still gunna drop it ?

No I think Im gonna try to peddle this one.... I would keep this truck but right now I own 4 vehicles and I have 2 parking spots at my apt... my insurance is nuts because of my age and I put a ton of money into my honda for winter so I really dont want to get rid of that... plus I think I can make a decent amount of money on this truck... to continue my search for the perfect static truck