Shortchevy c1500 Sport build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
LOL........Mine came out looking exactly like that but with black mirrors(upper panels too) and t-tops. :D

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please Dont tell me you sold your OBS for a 3rd gen.

no no no silly guy, its a 4th gen! 3rd gen is the boxy one.

LOL........Mine came out looking exactly like that but with black mirrors(upper panels too) and t-tops. :D

yeah the color matched is a "special paint" rpo option and apparently I have it. I also have an awesome stock two-tone black and red interior. ooo and I have t-tops, that dont leak!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
yeah, mine's the black upper and same red as your's on lower, black leather interior, and t-tops....that dont leak either.

Is your's the base or z28? and what year.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
By the pictures it looks to be a 95-97 Z28 with the D82 option w/ T-Tops. Because 93-95 there was no factory option to have colormatched pillars, roof and mirrors IIRC. So if it is factory colormatched it's deffinatly a 95-97! That's deffinatly a nice lookin' 4th Gen though! Did you sell your truck!?

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its a 1995 z28, with d82, I pulled the compnine on it and this car was built with almost every option. the truck is still around, my dads going to be driving it, he put the rear leaf spring back in and will putting a different spring in the front.... I was at his house the other day and we had his 2010 camaro and my camaro next to each other in the garage and the truck parked behind my camaro... i wish i would have had a camera.....

yeah Ill get more pictures of the interior and stuff when I get the car back... I got a smokin deal on the car because it had some rear end noise, it ended up being pinion bearings, I had a mechanic owe me a big favor so I paid for parts and I got a deal on his labor. the car should be done today so Ill see what I can do.... as far as the truck goes Ill keep you guys informed about it and keep some pictures up. I dont even feel like going to another forum because this one is so good. so you may get parts of a camaro build haha

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Those pinion bearings must be faulty on this gen, because mine is also starting to do this with 236k miles, '95 also. Oh, did you notice if your's has the obd-2 plug-in, mine does, it's the obd-1.5. To read it on a scanner, you must manually input the data of the car into the scanner, then use the obd-2 adapter before it'll pick up the ecm.

Reaction score
im actually thinking about lowering my c1500 also. since its only twd. im buying a 98 1500 long box with the 305 and im going lift it, but that looks pretty nice lowered. i'll post some pics when its done. what kind of bags should be on a fullsize truck though.?

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those pinion bearings must be faulty on this gen, because mine is also starting to do this with 236k miles, '95 also. Oh, did you notice if your's has the obd-2 plug-in, mine does, it's the obd-1.5. To read it on a scanner, you must manually input the data of the car into the scanner, then use the obd-2 adapter before it'll pick up the ecm.

yeah I originally thought it was carrier bearings but when my guy got it apart he said it was def pinion bearings... im just glad it wasnt axle bearings and axles, I have traction control and the traction control axles arnt made by gm any more and aftermarket units go for $360 each side! good to know about the scanner though, hopefully I wont need to scan it anytime soon though! 236k ehh? impressive. mines at 114k... got it back today... so much fun haha

im actually thinking about lowering my c1500 also. since its only twd. im buying a 98 1500 long box with the 305 and im going lift it, but that looks pretty nice lowered. i'll post some pics when its done. what kind of bags should be on a fullsize truck though.?

cant help ya there. Im static.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, I had the dealer run the vin yesterday and it was a base model ordered with a 5.7L. My questions are ofcourse: why? is it THAT much cheaper to order a base with the z28 engine than it is to buy the z28?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bturner333