Shortchevy c1500 Sport build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well heres all my stuff (minus my right rear shock) all DJM. gonna try to do it right this time... going to be a work in progress gonna put all this in as soon as the snow melts. then im looking into running n2 bags on the front as a winter project and drop the rear another 4inches Eventually I want to bag the whole truck but all in good time... but heres what I have done so far...

Keyless entry
Stubby Stainless Antenna
Tinted windows by Blackout
soldered in all new backlights for the radio
installed cd player out of 1998 gmt
removed hitch
removed gm bugshield
replaced fuel filter and sending unit
installed trailer id light under tailgate
full tune up- plugs, wires, new gear lube, rear end grease, coolant flush, ect...

sure im missing stuff, Ill try to take pictures when I do everything but no guarantees. prollly wont happen this week cause I have to lift my bosses 4dr JK... ill throw up a pic or two of that for you guys... well lemme know watcha think....

Attachments

• suspension parts.jpg
    suspension parts.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 246
  • front1.jpg
    front1.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 183

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just found a set of 2 firestone single port bags for $60, the guys supposed to get back to me so I can pick em up

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok there 2500lb bags single port 3/8... is that gonna be enough for the front? I want to set the front lip on the ground at the lowest and be able to reasonably drive it... are these good enough?

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah I did some research and decided that was not even an option... im looking at slam specialties bags now... what do you guys run?

Kurt3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice looking truck, it's nice that everything is already colour matched. Any ideas on what rims you want to run?

Reaction score
The REs have the longest and best rep of the two, but the SSs will give another inch of lift and are the same size.. I have the SSs and love em so far, they admitted to me the SSs did have some leak issues with the first line that came out.. Which did give em a pretty bad rep.. But they are suppose to be allot better now, and they guarantee em. Idunno if you've done much research on either, but they ride stiff enough that you dont "have" to run a sway bar nor shocks up front :) Slams for the front would be a best bet.. As for the rear they are (to some) too stiff.. but i ran shocks with em out back and they ride really good. Just kinda stiff if fully aired up. Sorry for the long post.. Just some opinion :) Cant wait to see some of your plans unfold! :rocking: