Shortchevy c1500 Sport build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it must have been Draggin, he told me to get a billet grill and I told him that I didnt want billet on my truck... hehe. blacked out lights would look good on your truck... I miss a black truck...

Yeah I want every thing black except the grill and wheels. Are those covers?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
when I get my 8in notch Im going to move the shocks... I think my whole problem is that my shocks are too laid out so im going to try that. Ill leave the stock shackles and hangers for now. if moving the shocks doesnt help then Ill put the leaf back in and do hangers... actually after riding it for a week now (including a nice 100mi each way beatdown to a car show) the bonce is a LOT less, everything must have settle.... so well see... I do have to get some leaf spring clamps and put those on so the load leaf doesnt spin...

but progress is being made! It would be nice if some of you guys were up here, its a lot easier to show someone something than it is to type it... but there are very few lowered truck up here... I prolly see 3 each year... and all those guys just pay to have there stuff done. Im very proud that im doing all the work on my Sled... O I pick up a little something at the carshow/swapmeet on sunday. it didnt come with any hardware but it wasnt hard for me to make some up... heres some pix...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Look's awesome!!!!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Was about to JUST say wait till draggin sees this....but i see draggin already noticed haha.

Looks good, and YES the suspension has to settle even after being stretched on jack stands under frame rails. Disassembling the leafs makes for an even longer suspension settling time.

Putting a flat(no arch) leaf on top of leaf pack will help with your axle wrap, but you should use spring clamps that will hold the load tight against the top leaf(longest leaf). If you're springs are u-shaped atall, this will pretty much make them flat leafs, and you'll sit lower, and probably tighter because the load will "preload" your leafs.

Like your comment under avatar: "Static Shock"....this would be a cool name for your truck.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol thanks... every once in a while I look at my truck and say to myself, oh **** thats stupid, followed by a smile.

I got my leaf spring clamps on. solved some wheel hop! I think once I relocate those upper shock mounts ill be golden

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Oh, since I've been recommending a bunch of stuff that takes more work than money, here's a "quick fix"(aka not cheap) alternative to permanently fix your axle wrap. Run a 2-link!!! :D

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's the simplest way to delete the leaf spring suspension?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A weld on 4 link and a panhard bar and coil over's, and it will really plant your rear tires!

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack your thread but, like one of those kits from Comp Engineering?