Rawhide and The Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Dang... sorry about the wreck. You probably know this, but LMC has pretty much everything and not that expensive...
Unless you want the OE style grille, that's expensive. I'll let Allstate pay for that lol.....
I checked on Rock Auto though, and the headlight assembly for her 2015 Hyundai is more expensive than that grille!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Allstate rep finally got back with us yesterday afternoon ( returning my call from Monday morning). Sent a link and pictures submitted. Progressive ( the company we use) called us Monday and yesterday; Mom talked to them. They also sent multiple emails and a link for photo uploads. I did that this morning,and they emailed me back that everything went through, less than 5 minutes after I sent them! Of the two companies, they've been the more helpful and cooperative. So....now we wait to see what the offers are, and go from there.
The bumper I got at the yard Saturday has some surface rust on the backside, so it'll need some prep work before I can use it. And it's got 4 holes in it, that somehow I didn't see Saturday, where fog lights were mounted. But I can use them for that again, or put stainless steel buttons in them. Certainly plenty useable for $28, and it was by far the best one out there. There's a truck out there with a diesel bumper, that's bent badly on the right side air hole. If it'd been good, I would have gotten it too.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Allstate has sent an estimate, but they haven't provided the codes to access it online. I have to call the rep for those, and she only works until 4pm. Last few days have been slammed with work and other stuff, so I haven't had a chance to call her. Tomorrow is another day....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
They sent me the estimate via email Monday afternoon,after the Allstate rep (who is actually very nice) returned my last call. Their preliminary estimate is just under $1700, with GM or equivalent parts except for a "recycled"(used) fender. I'll talk to a collision repair shop in my hometown this week, that's been around for a while. Seems to have a good reputation, and the stuff I've seen in their lot looks good.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Finally got the preliminary estimate from Allstate, just under $1700, and that's using OEM grade parts except for the fender (recycle used one). Got to the collision repair shop and their service writer agreed, and he can slot me in the first part of November. Otherwise I would have to wait until January....
Was going to take the Burb down to him to look over, and...it doesn't want to start. Cranks great, just no fire(and in ran fine when we parked it a few days earlier, to drive the crew cab). Guess I will have to give it a smack on the tank to see if the fuel pump has picked now, to quit....and see if I have fuel at the Schrader valve first.
And I'm sitting in the garage lobby, watching the mechanic do the fluid and filter change on the 4L80E in the crew cab, to see if that's the issue with the transmission leaks. Kinda funny to see the big fella on the lift.....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Cost $235 for the fluid and filter change,part of that was for the gallons of dexron to refill it. Since they had a lift,and power tools, only took an hour and a half. Truck shifts better and smoother, but I will still have to watch it for leaking.
Tomorrow I'll go out to the shop and see if I can get the Burb to start; what it takes will determine where I go from there.