'99 c2500 Burb fun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockR67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, a few more pics of what the 'burb has been put through. Got the a/c hooked back up with the new Sanden in place:

You must be registered for see images attach

Works very nicely and the system seems to be holding r134 well. Above 95F outside it struggles to cool the interior acreage and the vent temperatures are only about 65. Under 95F outside, I've seen it get things to 43F coming out the vents. I'll see how things hold up across the Louisiana fall / winter and evaluate again in the spring. For now, calling it 'good.'

Okay so about those headlights ... and then the broken grille that had cracked in a few places:

Got some help on this one! In charge of the turn-signal assemblies:

Back together with some new hardware in place. Headlights are the glass Spyders that Amazon has:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I like them and have LEDs installed (and aimed well). Wow, what a difference. The combination of the Spyder with the LED worked out great, and the headlight spread isn't bad at all compared to other aftermarket LED applications I've seen.

The grille is the 'whatever' standard one that is shipped as black shiny plastic. I took some black satin to it, actually, multiple coats and the results are pretty nice. I did keep the factory grille around in case I want to try and repair it and maybe do a body-color grille but the black has grown on me. We'll see. Tow mirrors are next...

rockR67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay all, a couple of more update photos that bring it more or less up to date with where it sits now. Tow mirrors on (with something for it to pull), washed and waxed:

I still have to get those pretty orange lights hooked up on the mirrors but progress has had to take a back seat to other things for a bit. I really need to do something with the running boards and the radio is missing most of the buttons (which have cracked and fallen off) ... but I haven't pulled the trigger on a $30 set of replacements from Amazon. Seems high for plastic nobs.

rockR67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little present to the burb over the holidays: a new splitter

Given that it's a 2wd, the reduced 'entry angle' doesn't worry me a whole lot :)
Happy new year to you all from Louisiana.

Ps for any interested, this is the LMC version + mount hardware. As best I can tell, there was never any lower splitter (air dam) on it. It went on fairly well, but needed some heat-gun work to adjust the plastic to get the bolt holes into better alignment with the bottom of the bumper. A couple of holes are still out of alignment, but it's tight. Calling it good. It makes its face more complete in my eyes (probably not everyone's favorite, that's cool too). You can see the difference in the pic above where it's towing from this fall.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
I added one to my K2500 Suburban as well. Gives it a cleaner look up front!

Happy New Year!

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks great!

You can really clean up those wheels with 0000 steel wool and red Diablo wheel cleaner from chemical guys.

rockR67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great!

You can really clean up those wheels with 0000 steel wool and red Diablo wheel cleaner from chemical guys.
Thanks for tip. I took a real quick pass over them this fall with some polish but haven't spent much time on them yet. Some of what's there is corrosion where I don't see much of the plating left any more, I'm guessing there's not much to do about that though?

entry angle... LOL

What a great cheap upgrade in the looks dept
Thanks! I was surprised how affordable it was too. I'm happy with it.