Radiator shroud hardware?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Big block shroud is different, fan sits higher up, with the taller radiator. Local hardware, Ace, True value also carry clip nuts, U nuts.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I actually did start looking at those sights last night, but was having a difficult time figuring some of it out. The diagrams I was looking at also showed an 11 clip at the bottom, but it didn't occur to me what they were until now. I'll check and see if my originals are still there on the core support. It could be the 454 is different, although, I thought the bottom half of the shroud was supposed to be the same between the engines.
The diesel and big block trucks have a completely different fan shroud than a small block. The small block shroud is also different than a V6. There is a big difference in shape and size between them and both the upper and lowers are different. The big block shroud is narrower to fit the big blocks long length and more forward fan mounting position. If I dig into my saved pictures, I may have pictures kicking around comparing the two from my 8.1L swap into the Tahoe. My 99 Tahoe has the 01-02 3500HD shroud, 34x19 radiator and taller radiator mounts.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Big block shroud is different, fan sits higher up, with the taller radiator. Local hardware, Ace, True value also carry clip nuts, U nuts.

I used to be able to find that stuff locally quite easily, but my goto place doesn't seem to carry that kind of thing anymore. I do need to go to TSC soon, so I can check there.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Agreed with that, I guess I'm lucky my hardware store and tractor supply are pretty complete. Plus the hardware automotive related is less costly than ' O'Reilly.