Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshwoloshyn

Reaction score
I just swapped the 34" core in my 89 c1500. A bit different I know. What I learnt was the top rad hose you need the one for the 34" rad. The bottom hose from either the 5.7L or 7.4L did not work as I used the electric fans/shroud from a 2006 silverado. The bottom rad rubbers I shifted outward to the pre drilled holes. The top rad mount, I had a local hutterite colony bend me a chunk of steel to fit the step down. I had a bit of trimming and it fit nicely. Unbelievable the difference from a 28.25 rad to the 34" in cooling capacity.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just swapped the 34" core in my 89 c1500. A bit different I know. What I learnt was the top rad hose you need the one for the 34" rad. The bottom hose from either the 5.7L or 7.4L did not work as I used the electric fans/shroud from a 2006 silverado. The bottom rad rubbers I shifted outward to the pre drilled holes. The top rad mount, I had a local hutterite colony bend me a chunk of steel to fit the step down. I had a bit of trimming and it fit nicely. Unbelievable the difference from a 28.25 rad to the 34" in cooling capacity.
You must be registered for see images attach
that's awesome ! I needed up going with the 28" because my rad started leaking bad and I didn't have time to gather the parts but when I do my motor swap its game on from there