Radiator shroud hardware?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I've had my fan shroud out for a number of years and dont seem to have the hardware handy. What is the thread size of the hardware? The bolts that go directly into the core support won't be to hard, but I have nothing to go on for the others.

Last edited:

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What I bought for mine a while back:
Right on the money assuming we are talking a Vortec era truck. Both my 97 van and 99 Tahoe use those. Go back a few years and GM used a larger diameter bolt setup.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Does this work for the two way down at the bottom, that clip onto the core support, too?
This image is for a 99 5.7L (would apply to other years, but not certain of the cut off years).

You must be registered for see images attach

The hardware in question is #7 and #10. #7 are the bolts; #10 are the U-nuts. As you can see, #7 and #10 apply to the top and bottom radiator shrouds.

#7 is GM P/N 15029272 which is an M6-1.0 x 25 mm bolt.

The Wholesale GM Parts Online website skips #10, but you can find it on NemiGAParts.

#10 is GM P/N 11518121 which is a U-nut that takes an M6 x 1.0 pitch bolt, and the U-nut applies to a panel thickness of 0.5-4.0 mm.

The listing on eBay will take care of all that hardware. If you add the listing to your watchlist, the seller will almost certainly send you a reduced price offer.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
This image is for a 99 5.7L (would apply to other years, but not certain of the cut off years).

You must be registered for see images attach

The hardware in question is #7 and #10. #7 are the bolts; #10 are the U-nuts. As you can see, #7 and #10 apply to the top and bottom radiator shrouds.

#7 is GM P/N 15029272 which is an M6-1.0 x 25 mm bolt.

The Wholesale GM Parts Online website skips #10, but you can find it on NemiGAParts.

#10 is GM P/N 11518121 which is a U-nut that takes an M6 x 1.0 pitch bolt, and the U-nut applies to a panel thickness of 0.5-4.0 mm.

The listing on eBay will take care of all that hardware. If you add the listing to your watchlist, the seller will almost certainly send you a reduced price offer.

I actually did start looking at those sights last night, but was having a difficult time figuring some of it out. The diagrams I was looking at also showed an 11 clip at the bottom, but it didn't occur to me what they were until now. I'll check and see if my originals are still there on the core support. It could be the 454 is different, although, I thought the bottom half of the shroud was supposed to be the same between the engines.