PSA: LMC Truck now sells replacement dashes for 88-94 trucks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Based on some of the other lmc plastics I’ve seen, I’d go with an oem dash anyday.
Which parts specifically? I'm under the impression LMC doesn't make hardly anything at all - I'm surprised to see them claim that the dash is something they were directly involved in. From everything I've seen in the past, they are merely re-selling new-old-stock (NOS) original parts, or aftermarket parts you can also get from other sources, though they don't tell you where they came from, generally.

There's definitely some low-quality aftermarket plastic (and rubber) stuff out there, but I don't know if I would blame LMC for making it. Until we hear directly about these dashboards, I'll reserve judgement. I'd love to hear that they're at least good/usable quality, if not great. Some flaws and deficiencies I can live with, as I suspect others can too, in light of the fact that original dashes will eventually be near impossible to find in good shape...and removing/installing, never mind shipping them, can quickly turn a "good" one into a broken one.

Richard

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Which parts specifically? I'm under the impression LMC doesn't make hardly anything at all - I'm surprised to see them claim that the dash is something they were directly involved in. From everything I've seen in the past, they are merely re-selling new-old-stock (NOS) original parts, or aftermarket parts you can also get from other sources, though they don't tell you where they came from, generally.

There's definitely some low-quality aftermarket plastic (and rubber) stuff out there, but I don't know if I would blame LMC for making it. Until we hear directly about these dashboards, I'll reserve judgement. I'd love to hear that they're at least good/usable quality, if not great. Some flaws and deficiencies I can live with, as I suspect others can too, in light of the fact that original dashes will eventually be near impossible to find in good shape...and removing/installing, never mind shipping them, can quickly turn a "good" one into a broken one.

Richard

I’ve seen these in person. I wasn’t impressed.

https://www.lmctruck.com/1988-98-chevy-gmc/interior-panels/cd-1990-94-replacement-door-panel-sets

maybe they’ve gotten better.

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ordered one a couple days ago, just hoping it gets here before I have to go back to work. Will definitely have pics and maybe even a video to show for it.

I’m looking forward this. My dash board had lost the fight with the Texas sun many years ago and I’m sick of the little pieces that remain rattling everytime I am in the vicinity of a bumpy road.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve seen these in person. I wasn’t impressed.

https://www.lmctruck.com/1988-98-chevy-gmc/interior-panels/cd-1990-94-replacement-door-panel-sets

maybe they’ve gotten better.
Oh yeah, sure. Those door panels are awful even in pictures; don't need to see 'em in person. Do we know for fact that LMC had those made?

Coverlay makes door panels, too.. don't really care for them. The ones they show for a Silverado trim level look more like the mostly plastic crap the LMC panels are; if you pick "base" or "Cheyenne" they sort of look like Silverado cloth/carpet 1990-1994 type. Either way I'll pass.

https://coverlaymfg.com/series-1-coverlay-replacement-door-panels.html

Richard

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it is pretty cool they put up the money to remake the dashes,I bet it cost them quite a bit to tool up.It was somthing I thought would never be reproduced due to cost and complexity of it.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Oh yeah, sure. Those door panels are awful even in pictures; don't need to see 'em in person. Do we know for fact that LMC had those made?

Coverlay makes door panels, too.. don't really care for them. The ones they show for a Silverado trim level look more like the mostly plastic crap the LMC panels are; if you pick "base" or "Cheyenne" they sort of look like Silverado cloth/carpet 1990-1994 type. Either way I'll pass.

https://coverlaymfg.com/series-1-coverlay-replacement-door-panels.html

Richard

I want to say I heard somewhere that the ones LMC sells ARE Coverlay, but don't quote me on that cuz my memory is not worth relying on :rofl:

Last edited:

HazCat

Reaction score
My 95 ecsb silverado's dash is brittle as Pringles under the aftermarket cover. I'd love to replace it if a reasonable facsimile ever becomes available, but alas, the 95's are special indeed.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Is here :D

You must be registered for see images attach

It's dark gray, almost black.

They used rivets to secure the plastic to the metal brace behind the cluster and on the ends, but along the bottom of the dash they used the typical interior screws you'd normally find in these trucks. The rivets on the end are metallic and not painted or color matched. Also riveted in place are the forward defrost vent ducts on each side. Note that the MAIN vent and defrost ducting is NOT included.

The defrost vent-to-body screw holes are NOT reinforced, so chances are they will break easily in time just like the originals.

The speaker mounts are riveted-in metal reinforced, as are the dash-to-body screw holes at those two points, using the same metal plates.

Overall, it looks well built, but they did use the same thickness plastic, and while it does feel solid and sturdy right now, I can't say for how long it'll stand up to any abuse. Worth $400? Pushing it, but given that you will never find an aged one in this condition.... I'm not regretting it. Yet :p

Gonna start loading components and checking fitments now.

EDIT:: Lol, my 777th post. Must be my lucky day :rofl: