PSA: LMC Truck now sells replacement dashes for 88-94 trucks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Looks like they didn't hot press it enough when assembled. Not sure if the term is correct, but those round tabs are supposed to be pressed down enough to make a lip around the hole on the metal part. Hot swage, I guess you'd call it. Ideally, done as soon as the part comes out of the mold warm. Where I've seen the process done is on plastic souvenir buttons and jewelry that have a metal clip or pinback on them. If the plastic was polystyrene, you could use model glue to melt it and shape it with dental or modeling tools. But I think most automotive plastic parts are ABS, so it takes different solvents and glues. All of them stinky and not stuff you want to breathe or get on skin or eyes.
Several of the guys in our car model club do resin casting, and it's a similar process. Big difference is no heat is involved. I've had them make me small model parts before.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know if the LMC cluster bezels have all five switch positions below the HVAC and headlight switch assembly available? I have the blanks and switches I need, but the only trucks I've found that have all of the positions available are the Suburbans.
It only has two of the removable positions just like a stock truck bezel.

LA2SD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Care to share which epoxy? I did mine and the damn epoxy I used pealed off the plastic when I had to remove them the next time. :( Probably poor prep but I'd still like to know what worked for you.

Yeah, good prep is important. Especially if the plastic has a glossy appearance. I used a two-part epoxy designed for bonding plastic made by JB Weld. Although the clip is metal, you're bonding it to plastic.

This stuff

You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've used Devcon Plastic Weld for the speaker grille clips. Rough up the surface first and then sandwich the clip in a bed of the glue. Not a ton of it, you don't want to make a fitment issue.

Richard

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Yeah, good prep is important. Especially if the plastic has a glossy appearance. I used a two-part epoxy designed for bonding plastic made by JB Weld. Although the clip is metal, you're bonding it to plastic.

This stuff

You must be registered for see images attach
This has been used on a few parts of my truck lol