88-91 vs 92-94 DASH DIFFERENCES - do they matter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southwest ORV

Reaction score
Hello friends,
The dash in my 1994 K1500 Z71 must be replaced. It spent 27 years in Mesa AZ and the top is broken up so bad it is no longer attached up top, so the whole dash bounces unsupported when you drive. I see in LMC truck that they sell the new dash for the 88-91, but not for the 92-94. I even called them yesterday and they said that is correct.
But they have pictures of both, and looking at the pictures I only see one small difference in the top center of the gauge area, the hole is a different shape.
Besides that it looks like they are identical. My thoughts:
Can I just buy the new 88-91 dash and modify the opening to work for my truck? Has anyone done this?
Here is a link to the new LMC dash so you can see the pictures:
https://www.lmctruck.com/1988-98-chevy-gmc/dash-components/cd-1988-94-dash-panel-assembly

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
You can modify it, but they're full of crap about not selling both because I bought my 92-94 model from them lol. Other than the cluster connector opening, I don't believe there are any significant differences.

Southwest ORV

Reaction score
You can modify it, but they're full of crap about not selling both because I bought my 92-94 model from them lol. Other than the cluster connector opening, I don't believe there are any significant differences.
Ok, thanks. When did you buy your ‘92-‘94 dash from them?

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello friends,
The dash in my 1994 K1500 Z71 must be replaced. It spent 27 years in Mesa AZ and the top is broken up so bad it is no longer attached up top, so the whole dash bounces unsupported when you drive. I see in LMC truck that they sell the new dash for the 88-91, but not for the 92-94. I even called them yesterday and they said that is correct.
But they have pictures of both, and looking at the pictures I only see one small difference in the top center of the gauge area, the hole is a different shape.
Besides that it looks like they are identical. My thoughts:
Can I just buy the new 88-91 dash and modify the opening to work for my truck? Has anyone done this?
Here is a link to the new LMC dash so you can see the pictures:
https://www.lmctruck.com/1988-98-chevy-gmc/dash-components/cd-1988-94-dash-panel-assembly
I also bought a 92-94 dash from them about a month ago. They may just be out. I've been looking for tan sun visors and there's no option to buy them right now either.

Southwest ORV

Reaction score
I also bought a 92-94 dash from them about a month ago. They may just be out. I've been looking for tan sun visors and there's no option to buy them right now either.
That’s frustrating. Some items say back ordered, others just aren’t available.

Southwest ORV

Reaction score
December 24th... Received on the 29th iirc. It was maybe a week after they were put up on the site. They hadn't even started advertising them yet.
Thanks. I’ll call them and ask what’s going on. It’s not that I feel entitled to the correct dash. But if they will have them in stock again, I’ll wait for the right one. If they’re not going to have them in stock again, I better buy the other so that I can at least retrofit!

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
December 24th... Received on the 29th iirc. It was maybe a week after they were put up on the site. They hadn't even started advertising them yet.

I just looked at their site , they are listed but no price. what did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks. I’ll call them and ask what’s going on. It’s not that I feel entitled to the correct dash. But if they will have them in stock again, I’ll wait for the right one. If they’re not going to have them in stock again, I better buy the other so that I can at least retrofit!

IMO they'll probably be back soon. This exact thing has already happened once in another thread here. Same response on the phone and everything. They showed up back in stock about two days later IIRC.

Southwest ORV

Reaction score
IMO they'll probably be back soon. This exact thing has already happened once in another thread here. Same response on the phone and everything. They showed up back in stock about two days later IIRC.
Cool. I’ll watch for them like a hawk.