88-91 vs 92-94 DASH DIFFERENCES - do they matter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1madmouse

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were the same way about the Chevrolet panel for the 88-94 tailgate, showed the item, but no price. I have been looking at the dashes too for my 93 Silverado, but thought $399 was a bit high, that and most of the parts I needed were backordered. Sometimes I think I should buy stock in LMC and Rockauto, as much as I buy from them.

Southwest ORV

Reaction score
Or go to a Treasure Yard, and get one for ~$100.
To be completely transparent, if I'm going to all of the effort to rebuild the dash, $399 seems pretty dang fair and only logical for a brand new dash core. I'm not going to all that work for a used one that has already aged itself.

VenomousSVT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To be completely transparent, if I'm going to all of the effort to rebuild the dash, $399 seems pretty dang fair and only logical for a brand new dash core. I'm not going to all that work for a used one that has already aged itself.
agreed!!! im redoing my dash again currently... the kicker here is, back years ago I dash swapped to a 99 suburban dash and now that its all broken up I cant buy a new core for it.. i can go back with the original 91 dash, but Ive already swapped and the wiring is different and everything!! so here i sit, working on strengthening my 99 dash up an hour at a time every few days during the week. Luckily my Holley terminator is backordered again so i dont want to install the dash until i get the fuel management installed and running so the dash is gonna just sit so I can tinker on it when I feel like it.