New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bought a can of Kroil tonight. That qualifies for this thread, right? It was expensive... :lol:
Yeah kroil is expensive, but it's some good stuff. I used to use it when I worked offshore. I have seen it do some amazing things out there.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I have bought Kroil for years. We had our local chemical supplier for the dealership I was at bringing me cases of it to use at work. I haven't been able to find a local source for it up here. I do need a can or 2 for my garage.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I have bought Kroil for years. We had our local chemical supplier for the dealership I was at bringing me cases of it to use at work. I haven't been able to find a local source for it up here. I do need a can or 2 for my garage.

I could buy it semi-locally years ago, but have not even tried in 10+ years. It was super expensive, and the cans would loose pressure. I was buying PB Blaster, but I don't really like the smell, and I've heard that Liquid Wrench tests better.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
My handles finally loosened up and slid around on my Kleins. Got a nice set of Stahlwille screwdrivers with organizing trays and 1/4” set with locking extensions. I definitely recommend these locking extensions. They’re super helpful as I’m no longer dropping small 1/4” sockets into the Bermuda Triangle.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Those locking extensions would be nice, as long as they didn't create a clearance issue. I was fighting with keeping one of my Lisle Torx bits on an extension just recently. I'm not sure if it's the fault of the bit, or extension.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those locking extensions would be nice, as long as they didn't create a clearance issue. I was fighting with keeping one of my Lisle Torx bits on an extension just recently. I'm not sure if it's the fault of the bit, or extension.
With it being 1/4”, I’ve found clearance not to be an issue with my job. Love them.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Maybe try something like this?

That would be great for access with no length clearance issues, but wouldn't have the flexibility of adjusting length with short extensions in situations that demand it. I was doing a timing belt on my Volvo yesterday and there were a few bolts where a deep well socket was too long, but a regualr socket was too short. I ended up using a regular socket with a very short extension.

I'll have to take a closer look at that extension I was using with the Torx socket and see if the spring/ball is present and in decent shape. My tools tend to be a hodge podge of second hand stuff. Some pieces are great and some not so much.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Seems like I can never find it for sale around here either. I actually ordered this recent can from Amazon, they have the big cans for a semi-reasonable price. ($31)

www.amazon.com/Kano-Aerokroil-Penetrating-Industrial-AEROKROILIND/dp/B005ESIHZI