New-ish Pictures of the Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your burb look's great!

I was diggin the wheels. They look like 454 SS sport wheels painted black, right? SICK look. Colormatched grille looks awesome.

Thanks! And actually no, they're Cragar V5 steelies, in the pics they're 15 x 7 all round with 275/60R15s but those tires are too wide to be happy on 7" wheels so the truck now has 15X7s up front on 245/60R15s and is about to get 15x10s on the rear with 275/60R15s and pulled fenders.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very Badass. I agree with all of the above.Paint the parking light trim black, and Either go a all black corners or all Stock corners. And a nice painted smoothie. And Lose that Giant factory antenna lol.

Wow I did not even notice that. Where is a good place to buy aftermarket antennaes? I still have factory and want something really short. Is the reception any worse with a shorter one though because I rock the radio/tape player :rocking: lol

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Wow I did not even notice that. Where is a good place to buy aftermarket antennaes? I still have factory and want something really short. Is the reception any worse with a shorter one though because I rock the radio/tape player :rocking: lol

I got a shorter one, and it doesn't have quite as good reception, but since I use the usb for my iPod, I never listen to the radio anyways. Eventually, I want to look into getting a boat antenna (heard of people putting them above the headliners, under the outer skin, and I heard they get awesome reception), then shave the fender. That's a long ways off though. A lot of your major auto supply stores and automotive audio stores will have aftermarket short antennas, but like I said, it might not get as good of reception.

Bjones, why did you cut the grille pieces out of your grille? Just going for a different look or something? I didn't notice it in the pictures you posted, but your sig makes it easier to see. I've never seen someone do that before.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Cut it in half

bjones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again everyone!

Bjones, why did you cut the grille pieces out of your grille? Just going for a different look or something? I didn't notice it in the pictures you posted, but your sig makes it easier to see. I've never seen someone do that before.

Well when I got the primer grill shell, I was looking at an SVT Cobra online and thought the no grill look was kinda cool, so I just thought I'll cut it out and see, and if I don't like it I'll find something billet and black to replace it. I like it alright and have had zero issues with rock or bug strikes. I just thought it would be a neat thing to try, plus it's a different direction than most.

aclay

Reaction score
Looks good! You could do one those speed grill inserts that look like mesh. I think they look pretty good blacked out.