Right hand drive pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I moved there I would forever hoppin' in the left door followed by a "WTF! ya dummy." lol
My 'Burb is LHD in a RHD country. Going to the 'wrong' door ceases quite early on. What takes longer is reaching for the seatbelt with the wrong hand and looking to the left for the interior mirror.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks like a Canadian model. The graphic for the fuel gauge (rather than the letters E and F) is the giveaway that it was produced for a dual language market. Other markings (cruise, brake etc) will likely be graphics as well, but they're not visible in the picture.
Low red-line on the tach. Diesel? BB?

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, his was initially imported from the US to Spain, by a branch of the EU or UN? After they sold it off, it had a couple other owners before him.
Wow! Your memory!
Mine too is low mileage (45,000 miles when I got it) and I'm wondering if that other Burb wasn't a UN car too. As I started reading the post (and missed the reference to 2023) I was wondering if it wasn't my Burb - then I saw the photos...
£20k ($25k) is on the steep side. Would it fetch that in that USA or Canada?

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty much, yes. The UK still uses kind of a hybrid, road signs are in mph etc, but the metric system has been taught and used there since at least the early 70's.
Hybrid indeed! We buy our fuel in litres and present our fuel consumption in mpg. We buy our food in grams and kg and measure our body weight in stones and pounds.

The only measure in the USA I object to is degrees F. A PITA to convert to C or K as the conversion isn't a simple linear multiplication as with other metrics. Any calculations in the SI system requires temp in C or K.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I moved there I would forever hoppin' in the left door followed by a "WTF! ya dummy." lol
Each time the Air Force sent me to England, it took me about two weeks to start walking to the correct side of the car, which, of course, is exactly how long they sent me. Then it only took about a day to get switched back to left-hand driving.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 'Burb is LHD in a RHD country. Going to the 'wrong' door ceases quite early on. What takes longer is reaching for the seatbelt with the wrong hand and looking to the left for the interior mirror.
Trying to shift gears with the window handle and turning into the wrong lane at junctions are the two I struggle most with...

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Wow! Your memory!
Mine too is low mileage (45,000 miles when I got it) and I'm wondering if that other Burb wasn't a UN car too. As I started reading the post (and missed the reference to 2023) I was wondering if it wasn't my Burb - then I saw the photos...
£20k ($25k) is on the steep side. Would it fetch that in that USA or Canada?
Burbs are great for hauling people and gear, and are capable tow rigs too, even in half ton configuration. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if the UN got a few of America's best SUV to do what it does best.....