Right hand drive pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can see why the 94 and earlier the dash / steer column is centered. Whereas the 95 and later it has to flip like a mirror image to fit RHD.
There was a lady, in the rural area I live in she drove a RHD Saturn wagon. She had the rural mail delivery . " How did get that? " . Just ask , they ordered it for me. Amazing.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I remember years ago imported US muscle cars had to be converted to the right hand drive systems just to get road legal either AUS or NZ. Maybe this has changed or was a bs article? It was basically an article on one of the companies doing the conversions. I would imagine the gmt's built there ot built for import there would have different frames , firewalls, floorpans etc to facilitate bolting stuff in on the other side.

Last edited:

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember years ago imported US muscle cars had to be converted to the right hand drive systems just to get road legal either AUS or NZ. Maybe this has changed or was a bs article? It was basically an article on one of the companies doing the conversions. I would imagine the gmt's built there ot built for import there would have different frames , firewalls, floorpans etc to facilitate bolting stuff in on the other side.
Once it's 25 years old you don't have to convert it over to RHD. There is far more work to convert than you might think, I watched my old employers 2005 Lincoln Navigator get converted and even the engine/transmission had to be moved across to fit the steering column. Smaller things like the windscreen wipers have to sweep the opposite way, it cost around NZD$35,000 back then and took about 3 months to complete as they had to fabricate dash panels etc out of fibreglass to mirror image the originals.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I moved there I would forever hoppin' in the left door followed by a "WTF! ya dummy." lol
Yeah, when I take it in for the "Warrant Of Fitness" (safety inspection) even though the same guy has done it for 10 years he still gets in the wrong side. So many people have said to my wife, as we get out of the truck, that it's nice to see your husband lets you drive as well, before bursting their bubble and telling them that she is the passenger.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Yeah, when I take it in for the "Warrant Of Fitness" (safety inspection) even though the same guy has done it for 10 years he still gets in the wrong side. So many people have said to my wife, as we get out of the truck, that it's nice to see your husband lets you drive as well, before bursting their bubble and telling them that she is the passenger.
come on now man you know the rule happy wife happy life maybe it is because I can not drive but I find it appealing to be driven around buy a good looking woman in a 4x4 if she can drive a stick go offroading and know a bit about turning wrenches that even better

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Once it's 25 years old you don't have to convert it over to RHD. There is far more work to convert than you might think, I watched my old employers 2005 Lincoln Navigator get converted and even the engine/transmission had to be moved across to fit the steering column. Smaller things like the windscreen wipers have to sweep the opposite way, it cost around NZD$35,000 back then and took about 3 months to complete as they had to fabricate dash panels etc out of fibreglass to mirror image the originals.
yeah, this article showed some intense fab skills. all kinds of sheetmetal and frame mods, all top notch. Moving trans tunnel etc. Absolutely phenomenal body work. It had a metal dash with a top pad and the cut and sectioned it to pieces and fabbed it back together and reinstalled the top pad. High end showcar couldn't tell it had been done type craftsmanship. being a bodyguy I was like that's an insane amount of work just to get papers.

Last edited: