My K1500 DD Tow Pig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Got the quad mounts, a hacked up harness, coils, and a bigass trans cooler from an older TBI Suburban.

You must be registered for see images attach

So now to do the quads in my 1500 or the dually is the question. One gets quads and one gets Artebs. I plan to make a bench flashing harness from the 411 connectors.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the quad mounts, a hacked up harness, coils, and a bigass trans cooler from an older TBI Suburban.

So now to do the quads in my 1500 or the dually is the question. One gets quads and one gets Artebs. I plan to make a bench flashing harness from the 411 connectors.
You got a line on those Brazilian lights? From what I’ve read it’s nothing but a pain in the balls.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Put this pig to work today. Yesterday laid out 3 walls of an above ground garden:

Left the front open so I could roll the wheelbarrow right in and dump it. Went for a "yard" of garden dirt today.

Squatted it good. The Google machine says that's around 2100-2500#. Truck felt nothing like a typical overloaded half ton, be it from a power, braking, or bouncy suspension standpoint. Never hit the bump stops.

Good clearance there. I bought the dirt in uniform, so dude thanked me for my service and gave me a little extra. I thanked him and went on my way. I got home and opened the gate.

Math tells me this is more than a yard by a decent amount.

The studs are 17" tall and the box is 4x8. That puts me right at 1.5 yards, so no less than 3000# in the bed. I guess that leaf pack is legitimately good for the 6000# GM claims after all. Gonna get 2 real yards next time for the second bed as this one came up a little short and the next one will be a little shorter. We won't be trying to separate and reuse the clay that's there, it sucks!

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! Are those the 2500/3500 SRW OEM leaf springs?

BTW, my BIL showed me it's easier to shovel out of the bed if you remove the tailgate.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! Are those the 2500/3500 SRW OEM leaf springs?

BTW, my BIL showed me it's easier to shovel out of the bed if you remove the tailgate.

8 lug 2500/3500 SRW pack. I threw a tarp under the bed/gate to catch the drippings. The gate didn't seem to be an inconvenience at all really. It kept my stupid fence gate from banging into the rest of the truck as I got the truck as close as I could to minimize asspain expenditure. I'm not getting any younger, so trying to hone in on my old age and treachery skills as youth and exuberance is fleeting.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Last night I loaded up about a yard to dispose of.

And disposed of it so I could get 2 more yards. Can you put 4000# in the back of a beefed up half ton?

Apparently you can.

Felt nothing like overloading a stock half ton. Didn't even feel sketchy.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good on ya!

Thats how my truck sat before bags, I've got the standard 2500 LD 4+1 leaf pack that came w' the truck. My camper weighs 3000# loaded. Total rear axle weight sits around 5000-5500#.

An upgrade to the 8 lug 8600 gvw pack is on the cards.

How did you find the steering loaded up like that?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Front axle didn't feel light at all. That camper of yours has some overhang to unload the front axle. Have you actually weighed your rear axle loaded? I could swear mine is 2400# empty. 5500# seems close for you but doesn't account for whatever you're pulling off the front.