My K1500 DD Tow Pig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those 3500 torsion bars you have probably helped your front situation. How do you like that upgrade?

Yeah, I have. I took it through the scales, rear axle came in at 5510#. That was minus camper 'luggage' items, half ish tank of gas, no water, only me.

In reality its probably up around 5800#. I need to go back through fully loaded up.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I did the torsion bars in case I wanted to hang a plow or heavy bumper up front, not a big difference there. I do recommend the 5+1 leaves, the rear doesn't bob with a trailer anymore and of course it handled the dirt better than the 4+1 would have. The 4+1 already rides like crap, you won't really see a difference in empty ride quality there.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I took a whack at the MAF yesterday, got it better but it could still use some blending.

You must be registered for see images attach

I don't remember why that hump was there, but it's mostly gone now. By my math, I'll peg it back in MI, or be a load cell or 2 away. I'm already maxxing out the MAF based timing table here at altitude. I went MAF only last fall and the truck was a lot less quirky. I did this after I learned on the dually what I'd been messing up on the VE all these years with the new procedure that tunes both in a single log. Back in the day I'd do VE by itself and get it right. Been shooting myself in the foot for a long time.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
This drove me nuts so I did a little manual blending to get a better curve. All the factory calibrations that I've ever seen have a nice, smooth, consistent curve with no bumps.

It still has that damned bump in it. Gotta take it down to a lower elevation to clean it up further. I did get a starter VE table built too, the old one was junk so I abandoned it last fall and went MAF only since then.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So these showed up today. Cool they supply Sylvania bulbs, but I'd just as soon save a buck since I had 4 functioning bulbs in the first place with HID lows.

They're gonna look so much better than my 12 year old yellowed aftermarket housings.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So these showed up today. Cool they supply Sylvania bulbs, but I'd just as soon save a buck since I had 4 functioning bulbs in the first place with HID lows.

They're gonna look so much better than my 12 year old yellowed aftermarket housings.
I wonder how long LMC will have these in stock? Maybe I should buy a few sets to hoard.
Looking great! I can't wait to see them installed on the truck, I need to finish mine up and get them installed.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder how long LMC will have these in stock? Maybe I should buy a few sets to hoard.
Looking great! I can't wait to see them installed on the truck, I need to finish mine up and get them installed.

They fit 4th gen Firebirds too, so I genuinely wonder what the awareness is community wide. I'm just glad I got mine with the glass lenses, I imagine if we check back in in a year or 2 we could find more. It was only 1 of the 2 beams that was actually backordered.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yesterday I drove home from work in the rain. When I pulled in next to the spousal unit, she pointed out my headlight housing.

Alrighty, looks like the headlights just became a priority. It looks deceptively nice in that pic, they were yellowed AF. Of course they weren't just a bolt in because of my HID ballast placement so that all had to come out and get relocated. Once that was done I put the grille back on.

Reminds me of my 88, but without the lame stockness. I liked this angle too, with them set back it kind of darkens their appearance without having bits of the housing blacked out.

My old housings had the top and bottom blacked out, clear lenses, and the rest all reflective. These don't really change that very much, but I do need new blinker housings and corner markers now.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yesterday I drove home from work in the rain. When I pulled in next to the spousal unit, she pointed out my headlight housing.

Alrighty, looks like the headlights just became a priority. It looks deceptively nice in that pic, they were yellowed AF. Of course they weren't just a bolt in because of my HID ballast placement so that all had to come out and get relocated. Once that was done I put the grille back on.

Reminds me of my 88, but without the lame stockness. I liked this angle too, with them set back it kind of darkens their appearance without having bits of the housing blacked out.

My old housings had the top and bottom blacked out, clear lenses, and the rest all reflective. These don't really change that very much, but I do need new blinker housings and corner markers now.
I'm interested to know how much difference there is in the sealed beam headlights versus the composite ones. I recently scored a set of the OE ones at the yard and am debating swapping them into one of my trucks.( Be easier on the Burb since all the front stuff needs to be changed anyway....)

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow! I am so mad about how good that looks; I ordered a new high beam housing so hopefully it'll get here at a reasonable time.