LQ9 fuel pump: I need some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
I'm not apart of any LS forums but I know some of y'all have GMT800/6.0 swapped GMT400s so I thought I'd ask here. Anyway, here's the deal. I have a friend who has a 07 Silverado 1500 Vortec-MAX. He needs a fuel pump put in. Aside from a pump, what should I do while I'm in there? I've got this on the list: AC Delco fuel pump, fuel lines (they're rusty), tank straps, and some lecturing on why you shouldn't drive around on 10 year old dry rotted tires with no tread on them. What else do I need? Thanks.

BTW: This truck has 440k miles, spent all of them in NW Wisconsin, and was a plow/salt spreader truck. I think all of this guys vehicles are exactly like that. Even his Honda Passport was a plow truck :rofl:

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like you have everything covered. I watched a video from Pine Hollow Diagnostics on YT (I highly recommend his channel for diagnostics). He's in upstate NY somewhere, so tons of rust on anything he sees.

Anyways, he did a fuel pump replacement on a GMT800 and his new pump had the updated wiring harness with larger wires. I believe that one was an earlier model, maybe 2000. Yours may not need that, but probably worth checking to see if you need to any solder wiring for the harness.

07 is when they did the change to GMT900, so this is a Silverado "Classic," right?

I'm assuming that it has been confirmed that it's actually the pump, right?

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
It is the pump for sure. I remember in the winter hearing it whine like hell. It’s a Silverado Classic 1500 CCSB 6.0 Vortec MAX 4L60e? 4L70E? I don’t think it’ll need wires, but I have enough equipment in my shop that if it needs something I can fix it.

What about a suction sock?
I haven’t heard of that, maybe I’m missing something. If that means something to keep the fuel, I do. I hope he doesn’t fill up with fuel, had 1/4 tank when he called.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Yes I did get one, I've got that and a fuel filter. No idea why I have them, I don't think I've owned a LQ9, but it's labled "LQ9 Fuel System" on my shelf. Might've gotten these off a Silverado SS, I can't remember.