Lowering Rear - any advantage in using 2002-2006 rear leaf springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qwikgta

Reaction score
So I tried using a set of Bell Tech 4" dropped leaf springs but its not getting as low as I want. I even have 2" hangers and its still about 1" too high. Decided to scrap the Bell Tech's and go with a flip kit. Problem is when I installed the Bell Tech's I tossed my stock leaf springs so now I have to get a set first. Walking the local Pick N Pull I noticed that the 2000 2006 trucks have the same size spring w/ 3 leaves vs. our 4. Measured them out and all the info says they would fit, but my question is has anyone used them and was there any benefit in using them? My PnP has a ton of the newer trucks and i'm not sure I trust some of the OBS stuff based on the age. Any thoughts?

Rob

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't know they were the same as far as fit on the GMT400 vs GMT800. I've got a ECSB 99 GMT800 and really dislike the 3 leaf pack. Truck squats way too much with minimal load on the bed in my opinion. In fact, I'm swapping to a 5 leaf pack soon on mine.

I suppose if you are just cruising around with truck empty and not working her hard, that may actually be something you'd like? Dunno. They are softer for sure than the 4 leaf packs.

qwikgta

Reaction score
yea, i noticed that all the trucks in those years had the 3 leaf pack vs the old 5 leaf pack. but they were still rated at the same load. I was thinking that the arc may be the difference.