Kodiak/topkick exterior handle rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
The ones on my HD have lock cylinders in the rear handles but I'd imagine there is no lock cylinder rod.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is how the rear handle looks

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

GMT_TANK

Reaction score
Made my first one this is the drivers side latch will test for and correct angles. I made I a little longer to account for inaccurate bends as well. You’ll see what I have planned tm though

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will need to weld a small washer or something to push down on the latch to replicate the nub that is on the factory rod. The lower straight section goes into a hole in the latch and the nub pushes it when you open the door

GMT_TANK

Reaction score
You will need to weld a small washer or something to push down on the latch to replicate the nub that is on the factory rod. The lower straight section goes into a hole in the latch and the nub pushes it when you open the door
That’s what I have planned tm but I’m going to make it adjustable, time dust off my dusty Snap-On tap&die set and get my moneys worth out of it lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s what I have planned tm but I’m going to make it adjustable, time dust off my dusty Snap-On tap&die set and get my moneys worth out of it lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the measurements helping? If you need more, let me know.

GMT_TANK

Reaction score
Are the measurements helping? If you need more, let me know.
Most definitely, thank you! I am having a hard time determining the angle in the photo below, Everything else is good. A good side shot of the left and right hooked up to the handle would help ten fold

Steve A

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bending them wouldnt be bad, bending them accuratly would be a pita. Ive got a manual rod bender that would make short work of bending those without a torch but making a replica of them is the problem. If you figure it out though more power to ya, i might buy a set lol

Make a jig they fit into to check the angles on the lock rods when bending them. Mount a tab on the jig with a hole for the latch end to fit into (at the correct height and distance) in order to check the angle and length of latch end angle. For those putting locks font and rear, same lock rods should work front and rear shouldn't they? I'm not sure though, I haven't looked at the rear linkages in a while.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Make a jig they fit into to check the angles on the lock rods when bending them. Mount a tab on the jig with a hole for the latch end to fit into (at the correct height and distance) in order to check the angle and length of latch end angle. For those putting locks font and rear, same lock rods should work front and rear shouldn't they? I'm not sure though, I haven't looked at the rear linkages in a while.
Yea but for a small run, the cost of a jig would kill the profits or make them expensive. Plus measuring the oem lock rod and designing the fixture would take quite a bit of time