Aftermarket exterior door handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chuck_13

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the title says,after market exterior door handles,Has anyone had any luck using them?95 to 2000(?) handles are different than 88-94.GM in their infinite wisdom changed the position of the lock cylinder tab,from 'UP" to "DOWN",and the aftermarket (crap) ones I tried have the slot in both positions.This makes the lock cylinder loose and it just falls out.Tried shimming it with no luck.And I REALLY don't want to spend $60+ on a GM handle.Any suggestions?And yeah I no salvage yards,but my local one has lots of trucks with broken drivers side handles....

C2164

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just this week installed this, and it seems to be good quality maybe even better than OEM. Mine was easy as I have manual windows and the door speaker was the only electrical connection.

Note exactly how the rods and rod clips are installed as connecting those back up is the slight PITA part of the installation.

Make sure you keep the gasket aligned while you tighten the fasteners.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited: