Door handle broken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTMiller13

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I've got a 92 Extended cab Silverado, with power windows

Upon one of my visits to the 'Big City' my truck was broken into, exterior driver side door handle was ripped out and it has rendered me almost unable to open the door, I can still reach in from the outside and pull the linkage and open it, looking on suggestions or tips to replace the handle, I'm not looking to replace the door, but all thoughts are welcome.

Cheers!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I've got a 92 Extended cab Silverado, with power windows

Upon one of my visits to the 'Big City' my truck was broken into, exterior driver side door handle was ripped out and it has rendered me almost unable to open the door, I can still reach in from the outside and pull the linkage and open it, looking on suggestions or tips to replace the handle, I'm not looking to replace the door, but all thoughts are welcome.

Cheers!
NAPA sells replacement ones. Haven't heard good or bad about them, but at least if they are crap, you can walk back in and set them on the counter.
I need a passenger side one, so you can be the guinea pig!!! Lol
Sucks to hear about dirty lowlifes doing that. Mine has been a victim a few times. Once in a R.C.M.P. parking lot of all places!!!

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get a replacement outside handle. If you have the old handle still you can install the old key tumbler in the new one. The procedure is in the doors body section.